St Helens on the prowl?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

St Helens on the prowl?

Post by butt monkey »

Heard a whisper that the Stains are coveting Ryan Hampshire.

The rumour is that he is out of contract at the end of this season and currently he is unsettled because he is not getting enough regular first team rugby. The Stains are aware of this and are set to make him an offer to swap clubs once his contract is up

Rumours abound that an offer for George Williams (with Gary Wheeler being offered as a make-weight) are also lively round sintellens way
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Re: St Helens on the prowl?

Post by Kittwazzer »

This is hardly surprising. Hampshire, Williams and Powell are going to be difficult to accommodate and it will take some serious negotiating to keep them!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

If we had to lose one of them who would it be?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Look at the age and the length of contract of some players occupying the same positions.

Wigan now don't just plan for today, but seasons hence.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

East Stand Faithful wrote:If we had to lose one of them who would it be?
Am I right in thinking Green and Bowen are OOC at the end of this year? That should take care of two of them. Wouldn't want to lose any but one thing is for sure, Hampshire would rip us a new one in a Saints shirt!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Kittwazzer wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:If we had to lose one of them who would it be?
Am I right in thinking Green and Bowen are OOC at the end of this year? That should take care of two of them. Wouldn't want to lose any but one thing is for sure, Hampshire would rip us a new one in a Saints shirt!
I thought we had an option of a second year on Bowen?

I agree on Hampshire though! Could be another Long in the making :o
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Quality English halfs are like hens teeth. If Rocky carries on progressing, he'll be in the Tomkins bracket, with a half million price tag on him. Doesn't make any sense us letting him go any time soon.

Think Sts fans are just desperate
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I told both John Winder & Ryan at the beginning of last year that Ryan will be our next Sam Tomkins.

Just hope the club keep hold of him, George & Sam Powell, they're the future of this club
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

I think that Logan going on extended loan at Salford shows that both George and Sam are above him for the second hooker spot at present. I'm sure that Ian Lenegan, Wane and the rest of the back room staff recognise that Ryan has a sparkling future ahead. I'd guess that Mr Lenegan has a long term contract in mind for Ryan.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I think it would be devasting to Wigan if they let these youngters go these are the future of Wigan and they have not done a bad job so far stepping in