Dale Cherry Evans to Wigan 2015?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
AussieRLFan

Dale Cherry Evans to Wigan 2015?

Post by AussieRLFan »

Hi,

First time posting but a huge fan of the Warriors since I was kid.

There is a huge rumour buzzing around Sydney which has developed over the past 24 hours that DCE has been in discussions to join Wigan in 2015.

Now I and many others remain sceptical but the source of the rumour has been spot on the money with a few other contract signings.

Is there any murmur or whispers of such discussions coming from your neck of the woods? This source is adamant that discussions have been intiated and are ongoing.

Manly just released Glenn Stewart, so I am doubtful that they would want to release DCE but I know that Wigan initiated discussions with him in 2012.

I should add that he remains on contract till 2015, but that would mean he would need to seek a release from his contract.

Any news would be great!

Cheers,
Kittwazzer

Re: Dale Cherry Evans to Wigan 2015?

Post by Kittwazzer »

There are always rumours like that in these parts, invariably initiated by Koukash and involving Salford. Not heard any of this and can't think why we would be looking for a big name signing. Disparity in salary caps would make it crazy for him to leave NRL for ESL!
AussieRLFan

Post by AussieRLFan »

Thanks, that is what I thought would be the answer.

Seems as though this punter might be having a lend of us all.

Cheers
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I think there is more chance of Australia introducing prohibition or Elvis making his debut in the second row against Hunslet in the cup. :lol:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

no player with aspirations/chance of playing for the national team will leave the NRL for ESL
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

The key term here is 'out of contract in 2015'. Start some rumours off about being in talks with Wigan and he will get a better offer from Manly or another NRL club.

I'm not sure he's happy in the International setup at the moment, when he comes on he comes on at 13, a position he is too light for imo. Still, I don't think he will leave the NRL for Wigan, be class if he did though.
Up The Mont!
markill

Post by markill »

If anything happened to Cronk he would kick himself if he is over here. He'll be wanting to earn the sort of money Widdop and the like are on though so he's forcing a new deal most likely.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

East Stand Faithful wrote:I think there is more chance of Australia introducing prohibition or Elvis making his debut in the second row against Hunslet in the cup. :lol:
Haw haw. You might be All Shook Up and Crying in the Chapel on Sunday
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

No straw damn us wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:I think there is more chance of Australia introducing prohibition or Elvis making his debut in the second row against Hunslet in the cup. :lol:
Possibly, but I doubt it. We've got Suspicious Minds!!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Kittwazzer wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
Possibly, but I doubt it. We've got Suspicious Minds!!
I just can't help believing (in another double) :wink:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?