Nothing amazing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Nothing amazing

Post by cpwigan »

Leeds are playing an excellent brand of RL because it is simple and low on mistakes which keep opponents away from their try line but I see nothing to fear. Show them due respect but nothing they do is amazing. Then again therein lies a message to opponents, keep it simple and attack up the guts.
cpwigan

Re: Nothing amazing

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan remain far too lateral. It defies RL logic IMO, go forward, hurt them in the guts, get quick POTB. Constant spreads in your own half are too high risk, low return.

Leeds are leaving openings up the middle and waiting out wide.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Leeds are playing like we played under madge, numbers in the tackle and they look super fit
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Williams has shows you can bust Leeds up the middle. I would love to see someone like Rocky taking on the Leeds pack up the middle.
Wigan_forever1985

I think tactically to go to battle in the 3/4 without charley was/is a bad idea. We are far weaker than Leeds out there and should of focused on the middle edges 2nd row and prop.

Something I'd like to see is Bowen sitting on the shoulder of a big drive from our props but we aren't and offloading team.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Interestingly, Green has busted them twice running left to right. His natural side IMO :wink:
Wigan_forever1985

He has had a good game I haven't heard smith even mentioned is he even playing anymore?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Both tries up the guts from the oldest play in the book. Lesson to be learned. Leeds are expecting and waiting for wide spreads. I think they also try to hold rather than tackle on the line.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:Leeds are playing an excellent brand of RL because it is simple and low on mistakes which keep opponents away from their try line but I see nothing to fear. Show them due respect but nothing they do is amazing. Then again therein lies a message to opponents, keep it simple and attack up the guts.
Correct.Nothing amazing but we have been humbled tonight. Questions still got to be asked.Would it have been another story if we had Lockers,Flower,Charnley,Thornley etc at our disposal.Not a true reflection.That said the rhino's on the night are the better team with bragging rights on this ocassion. Trophy's at the end of season are what count.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Battle lost but not a war! Deserved win. We got what we deserved and hopefully lessons learned.