Stephen Wild

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Stephen Wild

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Bloody typical.... He looks like starting tomorrow in the pack and he is now shown on the Wigan website as "left centre"!! Does this mean Denis hasn't come to his senses but is merely playing Wild out of position temporarily?
mrs_carney

Re: Stephen Wild

Post by mrs_carney »

Well denis said he wouldnt be going back tot he pack so in denis's eyes hes now a centre
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
Well denis said he wouldnt be going back tot he pack so in denis's eyes hes now a centre
Stand by - I'm going to defend Aspy now :o

There have been various opinions posted re DV but at least he creates tries for his winger. As much as I think Wild did a good job for us in the 3/4s last season, an inexperienced winger like Aspy is going to look even worse with service coming from an inexperienced centre like Wild.

Wild's good performances in the centre have been cases of individual ability - Aspy must be gagging for a perfectly timed slipped pass so he can show us his pace :wink:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Wild did an excellent job but i think the case is too many centres so little space, he wants wild n aspy in the team because they are both good in attack and defecne and more experienced than some of the younger ones, even though he probably knows we'd benefit better from an aspy/colbon combination, the plus of wild being a centre is because hes come from the second row hes quite quick,and quite big for a centre.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
Wild did an excellent job but i think the case is too many centres so little space, he wants wild n aspy in the team because they are both good in attack and defecne and more experienced than some of the younger ones, even though he probably knows we'd benefit better from an aspy/colbon combination, the plus of wild being a centre is because hes come from the second row hes quite quick,and quite big for a centre.
Quite ironic really - Denis has switched Wild to the pack (good), leaving DV and Brown to tackle Senior and Walker (bad). Tomorrow night we need Wild in 2 places at once!!

It's an old chestnut, but it's crying out for Colbon on the wing and Aspy inside
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Yeah even denis should be able to see what a difference there is in aspy's perfomance on the wing and his performance in the centre when colbon comes on.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
Yeah even denis should be able to see what a difference there is in aspy's perfomance on the wing and his performance in the centre when colbon comes on.
Who's likely to miss out from the announced 18? Hopefully Colbon stays in so Denis has the option available to him during the game
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

No idea i think leaving colbon out would be a mistake, a big one
king carney

Post by king carney »

im a big fan of wild and wonder why people diss him he has great ability his defense is second to none. and ability to break tackles, in the second row he is wasted as its just the prop mentality in the centre he works well. i see where betts is coming from because colborn has been outstanding in the games he has played, SERIOUSLY WHAT HAVE WE GOT TO LOSE we are the MAJOR underdogs :exc: try wild colborn see if its wild thats inexperianced as a centre or aspy without a clue?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

king carney posted:
im a big fan of wild and wonder why people diss him he has great ability his defense is second to none. and ability to break tackles, in the second row he is wasted as its just the prop mentality in the centre he works well. i see where betts is coming from because colborn has been outstanding in the games he has played, SERIOUSLY WHAT HAVE WE GOT TO LOSE we are the MAJOR underdogs :exc: try wild colborn see if its wild thats inexperianced as a centre or aspy without a clue?
Don't get me wrong, I rate Wild but he is definitely a second rower. I agree with your last point though. Let's give Aspy a run at centre - then we'll all learn the truth about him one way or another.