Wigan boss Shaun Wane: I'm the worst person to work with after we lose

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan boss Shaun Wane: I'm the worst person to work with after we lose

Post by josie andrews »

SHAUN WANE has revealed that he is hell to live and work with if Wigan lose.

Nights out get cancelled, he refuses to speak to his family and players suffer for the whole of the following week.

The Warriors coach admits people have told him he needs to ease up - but he reckons he can't because he's so driven.

He said: "I am terrible if we lose. I am a very bad loser and take it really personally.

"People tell me that I should put it to one side but I don't do that, I keep everything bubbling and remember everything.

"I am still hurt about the World Club Challenge defeat in February and will only rest when we can win it."

If Wigan don't win Super League, to qualify for the WCC, that could be a long wait for the Wigan-born coach.

But Wane, 49, insists there is no limit to how long he can want revenge - as his wife and players know.

“I am terrible if we lose, I am a very bad loser and take it really personally”
Shaun Wane
He said: "If we've had a good performance everything is good at home, but if not I cancel nights out because I'm not good company.

"I've been with my missus since we were 14 and she comes to every game so she knows what to expect.

"All the players know too. They feel it the following week - we have a bad week after we've lost because I want to identify the reasons."

Wane gets a quick chance tonight to avenge a 28-12 defeat by Leeds earlier this month - Wigan's only defeat in 10 games.

The clash between the two big guns is the climax of today's four Magic Weekend fixtures at the Etihad Stadium.

Another victory for the Rhinos would give them a commanding lead in Super League and put them seven clear of third-placed Wigan.

But Wane is determined that his Warriors will come out on top, just as they did last year at Magic when they won 20-16.

He said: "Leeds were the best team two weeks ago and they out-muscled us but we will be more physical this time."

Leeds boss Brian McDermott said: "Clearly Wigan will be hugely motivated but bring it on.

"We are going to be tested and I think they will come up with something special because Shaun Wane will not be happy with what happened last time."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-league ... er-we-lose
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
magsrads

Re: Wigan boss Shaun Wane: I'm the worst person to work with...

Post by magsrads »

Beatification for Mrs W :eusa: