What a performance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

What a performance

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Best wigan performance this season if not for a a year or two that was amazing every player amazing!!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Blackpool_Pie

Re: What a performance

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

What a game. So so proud to be a wigan supporter tonight. Every player put in a huge shift. Cant knock anyone. Forwards were tough and the back were just as tough. Didnt expect much but im beaming tonight. Absoloutly beaming
Wigan_forever1985

For me the first 50 minutes was the best performance I've seen from a wigan team for as long as I can remember, the intensity was beyond what I've seen in a long time
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Agree totally. Never seen our defence so mean. Not many teams if any will hold Leeds so deep in their own half. In fact, how many time did they have a set in front of our sticks in the first half? Unbelievable defence
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I don't wanna hear about Ben Thaler, injuries, decisions, luck, Leeds etc etc.

All that needs to be said is SHAUN WANE, your players and staff, absolute pure class!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I don't wanna hear about Ben Thaler, injuries, decisions, luck, Leeds etc etc.

All that needs to be said is SHAUN WANE, your players and staff, absolute pure class!!
Totally Leeds were on form tonight but we literally battered them in that first 50mins I have not seen like Blackpool says defence like that for time, it was cruel, we smashed them to pieces
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Excellent performance, very proud of the team after that display. We really got stuck into them and Shaun Wanes tactics was spot on.
WELL DONE :eusa2: :eusa2:
Ed Osmond

Post by Ed Osmond »

Absolutely terrific performance from all 17 players. Mickey Mac set the tone but Green and Smith very good too. And I thought Hughes stepped up tonight
Wigan_forever1985

That was the best team in the league we played tonight, that performance against any team outside the top three we win by 40+ And that was with kids

What stood out for me tonight

Tonight is the first time we haven't missed lockers, not to say we don't need him but tonight we played like a team beyond lockers which I was worried we couldn't be.

Mm at loose I was ranting when I saw it, we'll mr wane I'll shut up because you know your team and you proved tonight that you could go on to be one of the most successful coaches of our great club

Wigan is in my blood and tonight was the first time in a long time I felt 1-17 felt my pride and felt my passion for wigan. 1-17 can look at themselves and say they played their heart out and did the badge proud. We are the greatest rugby league club in the world and tonight we reminded everyone that if your expecting us to fade away, your going yo have a long wait!!!!!

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Dare I even suggest that the youngsters we have 'gambled our future on' are possibly better than the established players they are there to replace?

Is there any winger in Super League you'd trade for Budgie? And was Dean Bell actually spot on when he talked about Gelling's 'potential'? A month ago, I'd never heard of Ryan Sutton, how much of a marker has he put down?

Feel free to add to this!