Re: Wasn't great

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Leeds were good, but i have to say i think they are the dirtiest team in rugby league and the luckiest as they never get penalised, dallas gets his head knocked back in almost every tackle and we never get anything he smacks someone and straight away its a penalty, the fight was kirkpricktricks fault for letting mcdermott smack jerry and i hope mcdermott feels it in the morning.
Moran - Not good, dont know if his backs playing up, he did well to provide rads with his first try and after that he shyed away. Orr - Brilliant in defence, but obviously hurt his shoulder and was playing injured again which doesnt look good. And its coming to something when senior gets man of the match against you!

Out of interest have we won a game in the last 12months against a top side when we've had kirkpatrick?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I thought the idea of taking the two was a good one actually, we werent getting anywhere by attacking them, I hoped that we'd get the ball back from the conversion but did the team see what was coming next? Lack of experience.

I'm not happy with that performance at all, we were very weak in defence, our tackles were again pathetic, how many times do I have to say, we are not playing tick rugby. Tackling at times is just embarassing, so many knock ons and no creativity. Story of last week too. Ok, the weather played a part in the knock ons but are you telling me that team have never played in the rain before? Come off it.

Not blaming the ref, even though he is a complete joke, but some of the decisions seemed unfair. Don't give me that ****about flat attack (and please dont tell me stevo was talkin bout it) if they're infront of the ball when its passed its a forward pass hence the ****in name.

Why the hell was that woman at the beginning allowed to sing "We are the Champions?" It wasn't what Wigan fans were wanting to hear, don't care if she then sang Simply the best, I thought we had the entertainment sorted but singing the song that is played at Grand Finals at a game which involvs the winners and the team they put out seems extremely stupid to me.

I'm also absolutely disgusted with the """"fans"""" that left with 10 minutes to go, don't bother coming back if you cant take the losses as well as the wins, come back when we've won a trophy ey.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Thats it MrsLam let it all out.
I'm surprised you described what the woman was doing as singing :roll:
Stevo would have been in his element talking about flat passes i bet, even though in yorkshire terms flat seems to mean forward.
It looked awful all those fans walking out with so much time left, i mean most of them leeds fans are probably glory hunting w*nkers but you should at least stay the full 80minutes not go when the game looks out of reach
ragman

Post by ragman »

couldn't agree more Doug.
If Dave Whelan and Maurice think that those of us who have been following Wigan for any length of time think that we will carry on paying good money to watch that sort of rubbish then they are sorely mistaken. The level of mismanagement at Wigan in the last ten years which has resulted in the squad we have at the moment is amazing.The sooner Whelan disappears with his bizarre ideas of what constitutes how to run the best club in the world the better.
I feel so sorry for most of the players who are being asked to perform way beyond their years or size or ability. The idea that the likes of Aspinall,Orr,Beswick,Allen,etc are anywhere near good enough to don the cherry and white is embarrassing. I don't doubt any player's effort or committment,but some of them are simply not good enough,at least yet. Some never will be.
Blaming injuries is just a cop out- the players I'm talking about are first team squad members by and large, so should be good enough to come into the team at any time. Truth is that Whelan wants to do things on the cheap- the man is an arrogant, self obsessed idiot with no interest in our club except to sell replica shirts.
Let's get rid as soon as we can
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

mrs_carney posted:
Thats it MrsLam let it all out.
I'm surprised you described what the woman was doing as singing :roll:
Stevo would have been in his element talking about flat passes i bet, even though in yorkshire terms flat seems to mean forward.
It looked awful all those fans walking out with so much time left, i mean most of them leeds fans are probably glory hunting w*nkers but you should at least stay the full 80minutes not go when the game looks out of reach
i agree......it looked really bad for us.......i was freezing my balls off and i still waited till the end. Did anyone know the attendance?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

16,022 i think
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I just can't see how we can blame Whelan, when he makes sure we have enough money to reach the salary cap each year. I would be very surprised to hear that he has any say in putting the squad together.

I feel desperately sorry for the lads who try their hearts out each week, like Hansen, Seu Seu, Tickle and Guisset. The halves were hopeless, again, but really we have too little talent by some distance to take on this Leeds side. And they were missing a number of their top players as well, not that anyone would notice...

I fear for us against Bradford next week. Their big lads will be licking their lips.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It was a frustrating match to watch, I was cold and wet and the game was so poor that the atmosphere was dead and to top it off we've got all these (out of the woodwork) Leeds fans singing "We are the champions" Not my idea of a good night at all, at least they've finally got a food thingy outside the ground though, took them long enough didn't it! Mmmm that hot chocolate was gooood
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

mrs_carney posted:
16,022 i think
somebody's been fiddling with that again
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I honestly don't know where to start. I have just got back to Chester, far too quickly given the wet conditions! I must learn to control my anger or I will wrap the car around something. The plus point to getting back quick was the 7-11 was still open and I have some Becks to drown my sorrows.

My Dad didn't go tonight as my Mum is ill so he watched it on Sky and having spoken to him on the phone he is as disgusted as I am.

What got me the most was it looked like they gave up in the last 20 mins if not before. I haven't seen that from a Wigan side in years. In the last few minutes they were letting the leads half backs tackle them into the ground. To concede that many points at home isn't good enough and that is an understatement.

The point about injuries not being an excuse because the players who come in are in the first team squad and so should be good enough hits the nail on the head. The squad lacked depth when we had Farrell and Davico and now it has been exposed.

I also can't believe how many dropped balls the team were guilty of. Sure the ref hasn't a clue what a forward pass means or how offside works at a turnover or PTB but he didn't give Leeds 10 points in the first half by dropping the ruddy ball in your own half. The Moran one was unforgivable. He had five more tackles but tries to ruddy kick it!

As to letting the ball go out on the full, well that gave then another six points.

There was some inexperience out there for example when Hansen sot out in the first half then hesitated after the Moran droped ball but mostly errors came from all areas of the team.

We aren't going to do anything this season unless we get two experienced players quickly.

Betts is not blamless either. I said to my Dad before the game playing Brown at centre was a mistake. It was, his opposite number walked all over him. What a team to play against to choose to move Wilde and keep Aspwinall on the wing.

One other thing. I have said before that I expect us to have to ship some kids out (due to 20/20) to have a balanced squad and that when we do, there will be lots of complaints.

How many would complain now if we dropped the likes of Williams from the sqiad tomorrow?

Dave