My Oppinion

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Joanne2809

Re: My Oppinion

Post by Joanne2809 »

Well put Chris !!!!! Summed it up perfectly !!!

Hope the people that matter read your post now !!!!

I thought them young lads played out of their skin, but as its been said they just arent big enough. Think they were frightened of Rob Burrow, he may not be big enough to send for an errand, but my god what a player !!!! He is awesome !!! Hope Danny Orr's head is ok after coliding with the sign !!! ouch !!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: OK if Burrows is so small, how come your saying he's so good ?

It's because our players just ar'nt to lightweight they are not skillful enough, IMO they never will be !

Orr was totally ineffective, he was looking to leave the feild before that incident happened, know what I mean :wink:
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

If Danny Orr was looking to leave the field before he hurt his head why did he come back on? As i've said the problem lies within the pack. We need 2 more front rowers and maybe a second rower. We can continue back and forth with this subject but at the end of the day we lost and we need something to make us start winning again. How can we go from been awesome against StHelens and Hull to been very bad against Huddersfield and Leeds? The injuries don't help but they seem to be lacking belief in themselves and each other. Who do we blame? It's easy to blame Denis Betts but he's doing the best he can with the little he's got. It's about time he got more support from upstairs
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO posted:

Fair do's though. Moran tried something different (when he ought not have, first tackle) when he made his break and tried to kick and it didn't come off so he can't win!
You posted this twice now Dave. I'm pretty sure that Bai reafed the ball away from Moran in the tackle. I don't think he tryed to kick it at all. Best check the video (which I don't have).

We lost the match becasue of the amount of dropped ball. I don't think we completed more than 2 sets in the second half, whereas Leeds probably didn't make more than 2 errors. If we had kept posession we could have worked some field position and but the Whinos under pressure. We all saw in the first half that the Leeds defence is rubbish when they are under pressure - Radlinski just ran through a huge hole on their line and Moran seemed supprised that he was through the line without doing anything for Rads first!

In the end, the dropped ball led to alomst constant energy sapping defence (which I thought was very good considering it was like an attack vs defence training session for the last 40 minutes), and you just can keep that up for the whole match - especially when there is a size and experience difference. Wigan's fading in the last 15 was not due to a difference in fitness, as has been suggested, but down to the extra work the whole team did in the second half.

Lets make no mistake - despite the relatively poor performance in the first 60 minutes, we could have won this match. We just had to start controlling the ball. Unforetunately we couldn't do it and we lost. Put Sculthorpe and Carney back in the team that turned out and it starts to look quite strong.

PS Wayne McDonald hasn't played for Leeds for a while - is thie because he is injured, or can he not get a game. Perhaps an option for a loan move?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

GeoffN posted:
But the team isn't "as a whole", that's the problem!
Take 4 forwards and a winger away from the Leeds squad, have both halves just back from injury, and see how well they'd do then?
If Carney and Scully had been in the side, and if we'd had a halfway decent ref, we'd have won tonight.
Unforetunately, there is an argument to say that is just what has happened to Leeds. The problem for us is that their squad has far more depth and experience and size throughout than us. Our first choice 17 is pretty strong. Take any one of them out and we lose a lot. Take out 4 or 5 and we are strugling to bring in anyone with any experience of SUper League.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: I'm in total agreement with everything you all say ! I have been pilloried for saying the same thing, in a more negative and controversial way maybe, last night highlighted the major problems now at our club, Betts tactics where again dismal.
We are under weight, and lacking in class, experience and tactical awareness. If he keeps on sending our players out with the tactic of going all out untill we drop, then allowing the opposition to score at will, I to am frightened for us this season.
Seuseu was looking for Mcdermott from the start, Guissett runs is tackled, then drops to his knees, brilliant.
We are to small, we need experience, and we need a coach !
Maybe he could be trained to do a morris dance or something then.
Seuseu was looking for mcdermott after he got a facial from him and didnt receive a penalty.
Mike, i have noticed wayne mcdonald hasnt played i think its probably becuase mcdermott is on form and they have a huge selection of forwards, so he probably cant get a game.
Was danny ward one of their water carriers? It looked like him and if hes banned is he allowed to enter the field of play at all?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
j+jsgran

Post by j+jsgran »

everything that has been said so far is true we really need to bring in a least two more big players noone seems to have any ideas has to whom they will be when is hock back and sculthorpe really missing these two
`I want to win something this year pls `
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

hocks back next season along with o'loughlin
Nobody seems to know whats going on with scully
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Another point i forgot to make, but i have made it before. I feel that if you have a team full of young and inexperienced players like we have, you cant have the same in your coach. Betts runs out of ideas it seems. We need someone who can change things, mabe not the personel, but our tactics are very basic and at times naive.

Betts just doesnt have the experience yet to deal with these young guys, in the long run it could do the young players more harm than good, lets say we dont add to the squad, and these guys play through the season, lets face it we are not gonna win anything at all, top 6 finish will be an acheivement. So we get to the end of the season and these guys guys have had by Wigan standards a poor season. So we go out and recruit some top class players to come and add some class and stability to the side which we all know we need, what will that do to these players confidence. The end result will be that they end up getting released because weve had a poor season, it wont be their fault, but they will pay the price. So what im saying is, you cant have an inexperienced coach leading a very inexperienced team like we have. If we had the team we had 10-12 years ago and you put Betts in charge he would be fine because that team was full of class and experience and could basically coach itself.

Im not blaming Betts here, it isnt his fault either, you cant blame him for being an inexperienced coach. We just need a coach whos been there and done it before.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

mrs_carney posted:
hocks back next season along with o'loughlin
Nobody seems to know whats going on with scully
Cracked rib, the club said 3-4 weeks when he did it.