kirkpatrick disgrace to rl

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

kirkpatrick disgrace to rl

Post by mike binder »

sorr i have to say this dont want to sound like a winging wiganner but that was the worst reffering performance i have ever wittnessed i did walk off but only because the ref was so bad i did go back to cheer the lads off because i think they deserved at least that. but can some 1 please tell me when the ten metre rule changed to run back ten metres get to the ref and turn straight round and tackle b 4 the ball touches the ground.the ref(if u can call him that)was to intent on watching the play the ball action and never once looked to c if any one offside the time he gave it was because the whole team and coaching staff and fans were all offside so he had no choice.forward passes ive never seen so many can a touch judge not give 1 any more,and as 4 lying on both teams though sorry 2 say how long do u need .im sorry but ive said it all season the standars of ref ind is better on a sunday morning watching 14yr olds reffing come on mr cummings get off your ass and sort it out or go and lets c if maurice can have a go and make a better mess,think so .need to get off my chest sorry for babbling on but i had 2 say,take nothing away from leeds they can only take advantage of the rules offered to them and the best team won on the night but not by so mant points
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mrs_carney

Re: kirkpatrick disgrace to rl

Post by mrs_carney »

Since the refs held a meeting this week i'd like to know when the new rule of clamping down on more head tackles comes into force, we had a few high shots from dallas,newton and seuseu bu again yorkshire scum were unable to tackle below the neck. Wigan back almost 15metres and leeds well, richie mathers back the full 10metres about sums them up. Kirkpricktrick is usually the most pedantic ref in rl, he gave saints an 8point try for nothing yet on a day where the penalty count deserved to be high it barely breaks into double figures, thats if it did at all.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Joanne2809

Post by Joanne2809 »

I agree with you 100%, he is crap and seemed to make the most stupid decisions !!!! but hey thats kirkpatrick for you !! just as bad as Ganson ! our lads did well considering the pack that they have, doesnt help matters when the ref isnt giving them anything in their favour !
legendgregs

Post by legendgregs »

Hi, vikings fan here (for my sins).

As a neutral observer I was astounded by some of Kirkpatricks decisions. Leeds got away with ripping the ball out with more than one in the tackle and numerous forward passes. We suffer from similar bias from him whenever we have him and I've noticed him seem to do the same with Saints (give everything to the other team). Even Happy Frank (someone who keeps his cool and normally knows not to criticise refs and other RL authorities) spoke about the bizarre decisions he gave in favour of Cas in our almost relegation decider last season. I strongly suspect, as do many Widnes fans, that he has a dislike of the lancashire teams (obviously other than wire) and his refereeing certainly reflects that. A number of Widnes fans have agreed to scrutinise his refereeing via match videos in any matches we have him and report him to the RFL if necessary. I suggest you do the same.

(it's likely we'll go down this season anyway, whether we suffer as you did from KK's refereeing or not, but the point is a bent referee shouldn't be able to get away with it).
GeoffN

Re: kirkpatrick disgrace t...

Post by GeoffN »

legendgregs posted:

As a neutral observer I was astounded by some of Kirkpatricks decisions. Leeds got away with ripping the ball out with more than one in the tackle and numerous forward passes. We suffer from similar bias from him whenever we have him and I've noticed him seem to do the same with Saints (give everything to the other team). Even Happy Frank (someone who keeps his cool and normally knows not to criticise refs and other RL authorities) spoke about the bizarre decisions he gave in favour of Cas in our almost relegation decider last season. I strongly suspect, as do many Widnes fans, that he has a dislike of the lancashire teams (obviously other than wire) and his refereeing certainly reflects that. A number of Widnes fans have agreed to scrutinise his refereeing via match videos in any matches we have him and report him to the RFL if necessary. I suggest you do the same.

(it's likely we'll go down this season anyway, whether we suffer as you did from KK's refereeing or not, but the point is a bent referee shouldn't be able to get away with it).
Thanks for that - I haven't been making too much of Kirkpatrick's abysmal performance, but it's good to hear from a neutral that he was as bad as we all thought. The biggest cheer of the night came after an hour when he finally gave us a penalty for offside!
I do hope Widnes stay up, if only because of all our ex-players!
PS can we have Terry O back please?
legendgregs

Post by legendgregs »

It's very rare for a neutral to notice bias refereeing - others I've spoked to noticed it - it shows how bad it was.

No you can't have Terry O back. What a class player, him and Cassidy have been herculean in their performances, real quality. The thing that annoys Widnes fans is when Stevo keeps repeating his mantra that we'll suffer because players like T OC and Cassiday are too old. We're suffering yes and probably get relegated but he's wide off the mark with the reasons why- certainly not any of the players we got from Wigan (Whittle and Mark Smith have been playing well too).

I noticed Stevo has wimped out of being on Boots n all when Terry is on this coming week!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

legendgregs posted:

spot on if we can all c it wat his cummings doing jack as far as i can c
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

GeoffN posted:
legendgregs posted:

Thanks for that - I haven't been making too much of Kirkpatrick's abysmal performance, but it's good to hear from a neutral that he was as bad as we all thought. The biggest cheer of the night came after an hour when he finally gave us a penalty for offside!
I do hope Widnes stay up, if only because of all our ex-players!
PS can we have Terry O back please?
he only gave that because all the team where offside and he had no choice

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

for what its worth..even the leeds fans are calling kirkpatrick,and the bulls fans.....surely we cant all be wrong :blush: :blush:
WIGAN PIE MAN ......SPONSORED BY MECCA BINGO
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

i'm not on the refs side but they have a hard job and maybe we could see a new rule where the lines man could call offside by waving his flag.

although the ref has a hard job though kirkpatrick has no excuse for such a s**t ref's performance.