Salford vs Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Salford vs Wigan

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:4 tries scored and not one scorer is as old as my shoes! :cool: :lol:
I don't like mentioning individuals after a performance like that but Don Manfredi!! What a old head on young shoulders and a genuine talent. Matty Smith well enough said, gets better and better, John Bateman is World Class already and the list goes on!!

Harrison who?
Hock who?

Ps little well done to Jack Hughes, stepped up massively at 2nd row!!
Glad you brought H up. DaveO will accuse me of being churlish but I'm sorry, he's not a fraction of the player who wore our 11 shirt with so much pride and majesty!
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Kittwazzer wrote:Glad you brought H up. DaveO will accuse me of being churlish but I'm sorry, he's not a fraction of the player who wore our 11 shirt with so much pride and majesty!
Put any Wigan player in that Salford team tonight and they would look average though
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Dobby wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Glad you brought H up. DaveO will accuse me of being churlish but I'm sorry, he's not a fraction of the player who wore our 11 shirt with so much pride and majesty!
Put any Wigan player in that Salford team tonight and they would look average though
Flip that round though. How many of those Salford players would you have swapped in to the Wigan side tonight?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Dobby wrote:
That is why it is a team game, our players play as a team and that makes them look better individuals, HH was a big part of that last season!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

It's all about being hungry. Put loads of money on the table for getting your body battered and it's much easier to get boiled egg and soldiers on the table, therefore you want to wake up the morning after to eat them.
Koukash may be a successful businessman bit he knows knob all about man management!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Dobby wrote:
That is why it is a team game, our players play as a team and that makes them look better individuals, HH was a big part of that last season!!
Whilst Salford have a decent team on paper and some good quality players with a cash rich owner. You got to ask the question.

Why are they so poor and could finish 3rd from bottom this season.

For me instead of going for Noble he should have made the one of they best coaches in the game an offer they could not refuse. He goes for the easy option or a better way of saying it a cheaper option. Not only has he got Noble in he never learnt a lesson if he wants to be succesful it takes time in Super League. Leeds nor Bradford became the best sides over night neither did we. It took the right coach.

He should have doubled Madge's or Tim Sheens earnings to take charge and given them control of players coming in and out. Problem is they have signed on paper better players then we did in the off season barr Bateman. Whilst Salford have quality on the pitch they have been bought together too fast with no direction and no leaders in the team. It just seems they think they are on a holiday and can get away with been turned over by our youths more or less.

Its not an easy fix at Salford and with an ego for an owner Harris could well get sacked by the end of this season. Someone has to carry the can and he will be the easiest one to blame. They are so bad its un true.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:It's all about being hungry. Put loads of money on the table for getting your body battered and it's much easier to get boiled egg and soldiers on the table, therefore you want to wake up the morning after to eat them.
Koukash may be a successful businessman bit he knows knob all about man management!!
Not his job to manage the playing staff thats a coaches job. Imagine if IL starterd to man manage our players. Wane would knock him out.

joeb

Post by joeb »

Waney said he is made up for the kids,and as a treat he will take them to the pub.for a bottle of pop and a packet of crisps :lol:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

joeb wrote:Waney said he is made up for the kids,and as a treat he will take them to the pub.for a bottle of pop and a packet of crisps :lol:
Better be quick then. They got school tomorrow. :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Dobby wrote:
And the bit that highlighted team spirit for me was the mobbing Manfredi got for his try saving tackle on Meli. Saints players don't do that when a try is scored.

Not that it happens much these days!