Salford vs Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Salford vs Wigan

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
phild1 wrote:== phild1 is this the same Brian noble Wigan begged to get the team out of trouble and prevent them from going down; I think he achieved that. Just another coach casualty :D
Some have short memories about what Noble did for Wigan as some of the present first team squad were signed as youngsters during the time he was Head Coach and Wane was in charge of the Academy!
:lol: Lordy Lordy

Noble was great in the immediate term restoring the confidence of players who were abused / rubbished by Millward.

Medium to long term Noble never moved Wigan forward. Everything instigated was dated and the intensity / professionalism created was virtually none existent. IL retained Noble for various reasons, one was to run down his contract and avoid huge payments for the sack.

Noble and Youth are totally at odds. He always wants ready made players and still does as shown by Salford.

TV pundit fine; coach ended several seasons ago.
So he was the John Dorahy Mk 2 and not Wane then!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wave your white flag WW :wink:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Wave your white flag WW :wink:
Why do you always suggest things like 'waving a white flag' or 'do you need a spade for that hole you are in' to fellow posters during a conflict of opinions with you? You did it with me on the thread that was locked when it was clear for the vast majority to see that my opinion/argument was just as strong as yours if not more so. CP I have the upmost respect for your opinions because you are very often right and back it up with a superb knowledge of RL. However, each discussion regarding a differing opinion to yours isn't about winning and losing and more importantly sometimes you are wrong or at least the other poster has a better argument than yours.

We are all wrong at least once in our lives!!

I am still waiting for my turn!! :lol: :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Wave your white flag WW :wink:
Why do you always suggest things like 'waving a white flag' or 'do you need a spade for that hole you are in' to fellow posters during a conflict of opinions with you? You did it with me on the thread that was locked when it was clear for the vast majority to see that my opinion/argument was just as strong as yours if not more so. CP I have the upmost respect for your opinions because you are very often right and back it up with a superb knowledge of RL. However, each discussion regarding a differing opinion to yours isn't about winning and losing and more importantly sometimes you are wrong or at least the other poster has a better argument than yours.

We are all wrong at least once in our lives!!

I am still waiting for my turn!! :lol: :wink:
these two posts are i believe the reason some threads degenerate and eventually get locked.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TBW lets keeps threads on what people want to read and that is the topic not petty arguments. It was my mistake to reply to WW. Ordinarily I have him on ignore.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:TBW lets keeps threads on what people want to read and that is the topic not petty arguments. It was my mistake to reply to WW. Ordinarily I have him on ignore.
That is exactly the point I was making and like I said I have the upmost respect for your opinions and knowledge and that is why I want to read posts from you about RL (and other sports occasionally) and not petty arguments!! It's all good CP, until the next time Gadget!! :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

:eusa2: :eusa2:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:TBW lets keeps threads on what people want to read and that is the topic not petty arguments. It was my mistake to reply to WW. Ordinarily I have him on ignore.
My comment was on the topic and I was entitled to say what I said on the subject regarding Noble.

Thank you Platt Warrior for your reply, especially as on occasions we have begged to differ on subjects.