Salford vs Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dobby

Re: Salford vs Wigan

Post by Dobby »

Hock will never change will he :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

4 tries scored and not one scorer is as old as my shoes! :cool: :lol:
Ed Osmond

Post by Ed Osmond »

Excellent all round tonight. Brilliant defence and enough in attack. We'll done Hughes, Burgess and, especially, Bateman.
He is becoming a legend fast.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:4 tries scored and not one scorer is as old as my shoes! :cool: :lol:
I don't like mentioning individuals after a performance like that but Don Manfredi!! What a old head on young shoulders and a genuine talent. Matty Smith well enough said, gets better and better, John Bateman is World Class already and the list goes on!!

Harrison who?
Hock who?

Ps little well done to Jack Hughes, stepped up massively at 2nd row!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Well that's rounded my night off nicely.Time for a couple of pints before bed. :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Salford prove that in RL you can't just buy a load of stars, pay them loads of money and make a *team*. Maybe you can in football, but in RL you need more than that - you need everything Wigan have - commitment, effort, a group playing for one another, belief in what the group is trying to achieve,etc - a real *team*. Salford seem to be turning up for their wages, and its not nearly enough.

Wane has done fantastically to get those attributes in each group that he has had so far. I hope it can continue because it must be mentally and emotionally draining to keep that level of commitment up year after year.

For Salford, I reckon they need a coach that will come in a shake them up. Someone who will send players home, dock their wages and get them to understand that they are not resting at the club until they retire, they are trying to win something, and anyone not buying into that is out and out now.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

Young, spirited & full of energy (my wife was once like that!) this set of players

All credit to them one & all, another 2 points… onwards & upwards please?

Watching the game live it lacked atmosphere (row after row of empty seats never helps when seen against most camera angles) with not much vocal sounds coming over my surround system

Stadium had a hollow rig about it!

My polling station had a better atmosphere that this to-nite!

Was it me but the Salford players body language did not look good … something’s missing...Harris as his work cut-out here with this lot!

A&L (just like Belfast!)
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Mike wrote:For Salford, I reckon they need a coach that will come in a shake them up. Someone who will send players home, dock their wages and get them to understand that they are not resting at the club until they retire, they are trying to win something, and anyone not buying into that is out and out now.
This season was always going to be more of a struggle than Koukash thought. However I think Salford will be much, much better next season and with another year for players to bed in, the additions next season and a full off season with a new coach they will be much better.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

loyalbelfast wrote:Young, spirited & full of energy (my wife was once like that!) this set of players

All credit to them one & all, another 2 points… onwards & upwards please?

Watching the game live it lacked atmosphere (row after row of empty seats never helps when seen against most camera angles) with not much vocal sounds coming over my surround system

Stadium had a hollow rig about it!

My polling station had a better atmosphere that this to-nite!

Was it me but the Salford players body language did not look good … something’s missing...Harris as his work cut-out here with this lot!

A&L (just like Belfast!)
The Wigan end was full and that's all we can worry about. Salford fans were quiet because their 'superstars' were destroyed by our U9 team.

Totally agree, Harris has his work cut out!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Powell 21
Manfredi 18
Williams 19
Burgess 19
Sarginson 20
Sutton 20
Hampshire 19
Bateman 20
Gelling 23
Smith 26
Crosby 23
Dudson 23
McIllorum 26
Hughes 22
Goulding 26

Just incredible. Although I want to see Manfredi's birth certificate!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.