Our Fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Our Fans

Post by MrsLam »

What doesn't make sense to me is how the away team can bring their fans and fill only half of the north stand and sound so loud to us from the south and on tv (lets not talk about sound fiddling) but then when the east south and west stand all join in together it sounds so weak and quiet. We sing our hearts out at other grounds and at the bigger matches but it never comes out on TV. Are we just generally a quieter bunch of fans???
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
Are we just generally a quieter bunch of fans???
The simple answer is yes. We never have been a very vocal fan base, going all the way back to the sixties. I feel we've got even quieter since the successes of the late 80's - early 90's when we were always so confident of winning that "polite applause" became the norm.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It's not good enough is it!
The players do respond to the fans, we should be getting behind them a lot more than we do. People need to get their act together and stop being so full of pride. There's nothing wrong with singing and shouting for your team,get behind the lads people.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'm always hoarse when I come back from a game. the guys up behind us (under the scoreboard) were quieter than usual though, for some reason.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think the players and coach have been getting alot of slagging off. I think we should get our fans in order, i always think a team will perform better with fans behind them pushing them on. I have to agree though Leeds sounded like they where filling the staduim not us :(

Lets try and raise the roof off the JJB at the next home game
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

WiganWarrior posted:
I think the players and coach have been getting alot of slagging off.
I wonder why that is?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

WiganWarrior posted:
I think the players and coach have been getting alot of slagging off. I think we should get our fans in order, i always think a team will perform better with fans behind them pushing them on. I have to agree though Leeds sounded like they where filling the staduim not us :(

Mmm...

I seem to remember when we had a side good enough to go to Brisbane and win!! Don't think that was down to fans' lung power, do you?
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

jinkin jimmy posted:
WiganWarrior posted:

Mmm...

I seem to remember when we had a side good enough to go to Brisbane and win!! Don't think that was down to fans' lung power, do you?
:D Right, I understand now, it's all our fault !
It's not Doris, it's not Betts, Int's not the players underperforming, not good enough, or to lightweight.....It's the Fans, it's all making sense now :wink:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

From TotalRL.com...
Wigan's average gate so far this season is 16,583. Last season we averaged 13,333, showing we are currently up 24.38% (the highest increase in Superleague discounting Leigh for obvious reasons). It would appear we fans are doing our bit after all!!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we_need_a_coach posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
WiganWarrior posted:

Mmm...

:conf: Right, I understand now, it's all our fault !
It's not Doris, it's not Betts, Int's not the players underperforming, not good enough, or to lightweight.....It's the Fans, it's all making sense now :wink:
No wnac its not anyones fault. We have the best gate in the league. Betts is a young coach who has the ability to take us to the very top. And you cant really say mo has done a bad job hes still signing the good ones.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!