watch out we need a coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Re: watch out we need a co...

Post by we_need_a_coach »

DaveO posted:
heydude posted:
i think you should read this link http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 14,00.html
Have you read it?

Whatever you think of WNAC that article is about false rumours being spread about players, coaches and/or clubs.

It is not about people expressing their opinions on players or the coach.

There have been rumours in the past discussed on message boards such as why certain players have left and other more nasty rumours, that is true. But expressing your opinion on players or a coach isn't the same thing.

Dave
:wink: Cheers DaveO, but the message I am getting from the majority of contributers to this site is that, they are quite happy to see us slide into mediocrity, allow the current management team to continue to screw us, without any recourse.

And i must say that this is not representative of what the majority of people where saying on Friday, (I dont agree with the walk, but it speaks volumes).
I have always tried to put the facts, and give my opinion, at this moment these are bound to be in a negative and somewhat depressing mode, but it's not me thats messing up on the field, I am a spectator, I will say it as I see it, it's up to Doris to sort it out !, But I must say that I fear we have gone to far, and he is'nt up to it anymore, someone has suggested a 3 or 4 man board, that has got to be the way forward. But please ley them be ex Players who have the game at heart, not ex bookies who, as we all are aware , are always looking to make a fast buck.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

but their not screwing us. Were just not plaiying to well at the minute.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
we_need_a_coach

:( Be it Sport or buisiness, when things start to go horribly wrong, as they are at Wigan at the moment, you usually find it's the management at fault, and if this was a democratically run club, there would be a vote on 'NO CONFIDENCE' and new board members elected.
Unfortunately Doris is in sole charge !!!!

This means if we wnt him out, it is us the fans who pay his wages, who have to make their voices heard.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

If we get anyone new we're going to go through yet another "transition period" waiting and waiting for some success or at least a better season. I don't think we're getting any worse over the last few seasons, we're just not getting any better! We're looking at third or fourth place yet again, ( I wont have it that we're going to finish lower)
I want to see progress being made but we don't seem to have any consistency. We let go 5 or 6 players,recruit a few new ones and then they have to get used to our style of play, get used to the weather(?) their team mates, their new town by the time they've done that they're offloaded to Widnes and we're back to square 1.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
warrior till i die

but theres only you and a few others who want him out. So it wont happen. Just think say if he did go what would happen then? We would be in a financial crisis.

in 85, at wem ber ley

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:wink: Cheers DaveO, but the message I am getting from the majority of contributers to this site is that, they are quite happy to see us slide into mediocrity, allow the current management team to continue to screw us, without any recourse.

And i must say that this is not representative of what the majority of people where saying on Friday, (I dont agree with the walk, but it speaks volumes).
I have always tried to put the facts, and give my opinion, at this moment these are bound to be in a negative and somewhat depressing mode, but it's not me thats messing up on the field, I am a spectator, I will say it as I see it, it's up to Doris to sort it out !, But I must say that I fear we have gone to far, and he is'nt up to it anymore, someone has suggested a 3 or 4 man board, that has got to be the way forward. But please ley them be ex Players who have the game at heart, not ex bookies who, as we all are aware , are always looking to make a fast buck.
I think the reason you have annoyed so many people is that you present your opinion in such an arrogant manner as if your opinion is right. Also combining facts and rumours doesn't really do your credibility any good.

I don't think anyone would be happy to watch us become a mediocre team, it's just that people have different views on why we aren't performing as well as we'd all like. I don't think anyone can deny though, that all our problems have stem from having an injury hit side with too little strength in depth.

I'm not quite sure I agree with the general consensus opinion you speak of from Friday. I did not hear a single person saying we need a new coach or that we need Mo out. To be honest I do share your feelings on Mo but I cannot think of a real alternative or a way in which it could be implemented, as long as Whelans there/alive he's going to have Lindsay in charge of us lot. I agree though, someone with passion for the game rather than money would be a very good start!
we_need_a_coach

:D I'm sorry MsLam, but we are getting worse, look at the league table, if Saints had beaten us we would have been joint 3rd from bottom. That would have been disasterous.
warrior till i die

but saints didnt beat us so stop saying but if.

in 85, at wem ber ley

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

heydude

Post by heydude »

DaveO posted:
heydude posted:
i think you should read this link http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 14,00.html
Have you read it?

Whatever you think of WNAC that article is about false rumours being spread about players, coaches and/or clubs.

It is not about people expressing their opinions on players or the coach.

There have been rumours in the past discussed on message boards such as why certain players have left and other more nasty rumours, that is true. But expressing your opinion on players or a coach isn't the same thing.

Dave
yes i did read it or i wouldn't of posted it (what a stupid question to ask).i know WNAC has opinions got no problem with that everyone has them good or bad, he can have a opinion on me and i can have opinion on him but you have fail to read some of his posts where he said i quote facts what i have heard,read or rumours, so now is a rumour an opinion what you are trying to say or is it a fact like WNAC is trying to say.

if you read the article it's about people on these sites bagging players that don't deserve it and spreading rumours and causing low morale which WNAC has done,i've seen on this site now quite a few posts now that say they will not come to this message board any more because of the negative comments on here, me sometimes when i read some of these comments and feel like doing the same but then i've always been awkward and just stick a big middle finger up to it all.
don't eat yellow snow
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Be fair Warrior til I die, IF Saints, Widnes, Salford, Leigh, Hull and Whitehaven had beaten us we'd be in a terrible position, out of the CC and bottom of the league facing relegation!