Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Castleford

Post by cpwigan »

Easily the better team today but in all honesty who from the Cas team is better than players we have in their respective positions. Their most exciting player Carney did not play and Clark only played part of the game.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Castleford

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

CP sports teams with less ability than their opponents in all different sports and on any given day can win a one off match, so I am not sure what point you are trying to make? Yes we should have won on paper but sport is never won on paper.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I never said it was TBW. I am just interested to see if other Wigan fans think you know what I wish player X from Castleford was in our team instead of A.N.OTHER.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:I never said it was TBW. I am just interested to see if other Wigan fans think you know what I wish player X from Castleford was in our team instead of A.N.OTHER.
On today's performance all 13! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Jake Webster Cp.Battered Sarginson off the pitch ,who in my opinion can't play Centre ,he brought nothing to the team and Burgesses game suffers when Sarge his is Centre.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

up the junction wrote:Jake Webster Cp.Battered Sarginson off the pitch ,who in my opinion can't play Centre ,he brought nothing to the team and Burgesses game suffers when Sarge his is Centre.
:thum:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sarge is not a centre IMO. It would have been far better to play Goulding at centre (left or right (he played left in the academy with Sean Gleeson at right centre)
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

up the junction wrote:Jake Webster Cp.Battered Sarginson off the pitch ,who in my opinion can't play Centre ,he brought nothing to the team and Burgesses game suffers when Sarge his is Centre.
This is possibly one of the most ill informed and stupid comments I think I've ever read. Everyone has an opinion to which they are entitled, but opinions are normally based on some sort of facts, and there are absolutely no facts in this statement.

Webster did absolutely nothing except make one good pass during the entire game. The pass he made which resulted in the Dixon try wasn't due to Sarginson 'being battered off the pitch'. Faced with a 3 on 2, the defence slid well enough, Sarginson actually tackled Webster and took him into touch. The fault for that try was purely down to Budgie making a bad decision and that is all there is to it.

Don't give me any of that crap about it's the space he created on that side through the whole game, because quite simply, he didn't. The only other time they made any headway down that side was when Matty Smith kicked crossfield and into Dixon's arms, leaving him an open field to run at, and had it not been for Sarginson bringing Dixon down, he would have gone the length because there was nobody else to beat. In the entire game yesterday, there were very few line breaks by us, but the only break that had us running behind the Cas defence that nearly resulted in a try for Williams was made by Sarginson.

So now you've made the comment, let me know whereabouts it is in the game Sarge gets battered off the pitch? I've watched it twice now and I must have missed it.

Cas played better; our halfbacks were mostly ineffective; Farrel, Lockers looked tired and no wonder because they are not match fit; we dropped too much ball; it was a big ask for a young standoff; Gelling made a lot of headway and we should have exploited it more; in general, it went wrong and it happens. There is nobody to single out for 'special blame' based on mindless comments made without any base in fact.

For them, Luke Dorn and Daryl Clark probably stand out. Hard to pick one of them that had a bad game
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nobody from Cas had a bad game, in fact they did the basics very well BUT if doing the basic well = beating Wigan in such a big game then surely we have a problem. I was brought up watching Wigan teams that when it mattered (bar Cas in the RT final when they threw the game) Wigan TURNED UP and WON TIME ANd TIME AGAIN.

IMO, Wigan were outcoached and outplayed by a TEAM putting great effort in but not offering ANYTHING amazing. The fact Cas simply had to defend reasonably well is a sad indicement on Wigan RL 2014 / SL 2014!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Dorn was class and stood out for me.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.