No threads about a great win

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kaii

No threads about a great win

Post by Kaii »

:ques:
DaveO

Re: No threads about a great win

Post by DaveO »

As cpw points out there is a discussion about it but if there wasn't why would you be surprised? A hollow victory if ever there was one. Is there anyone who thinks it isn't?
Ed Osmond

Post by Ed Osmond »

Did not see game tonight as in Miami for World Cup. Delighted with result of course. Assume Bateman rested. Who were our stand-out players?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I don't think hollow is the right word, unless we consider all games between now and the end of the season worthless. Bitter sweet perhaps.
What more could we have done?
Some interesting things - Gelling gets stuck in, Manfredi is coming on, Mac and Lockers are coming to.
We beat the team above us by a huge enough margin to move above them in the league.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:As cpw points out there is a discussion about it but if there wasn't why would you be surprised? A hollow victory if ever there was one. Is there anyone who thinks it isn't?
Hollow or not, another two points!
phild1

Post by phild1 »

I take it you think the season is over now Wigan are out of cc.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Hollow victory? We batter our boggy side while the atmosphere in the DW was excellent, overall a very good night for the club. Then you say (a supposed Wigan fan) it's a hollow victory.
Just a question Dave where you at the match last week? When outside of our ground Cas fans basically had a party while taking the piss out of every Wigan fan they saw. Hollow victory, you are talking shit mate
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

OK - I'll stick my head above the parapet. I thought it was a genuinely great victory. After an hour (possibly earlier) Cas were utterly dejected on the field and had no answer to us. They looked a team who couldn't think of any way to respond to attacks and that's a team high up in the League.

Thought a fit Flower made a huge difference, as with MM and SOL. Gelling is still hugely impressive and if he carries on like this, I'm going to have to change my mind!

Small worries - Sarginson and Gelling need to sharpen up their defensive tackling technique and to learn to pass the ball to others instead of always trying to barrel over the line when it isn't on.
Burgess looks the real deal and should be our winger for a very long time.
Like to see Sarginson at full-back and Goulding in the centre with Bowen (and likely, Hampshire) out of action for a while.
Good to see Taylor back. Looked as if he has been carrying an injury as he improved through the match.
Perhaps these might just be the good old days.
Matty Smith spoke of going for two trophies - the League Leaders Shield and the GF.
Good to see there is a winning attitude in the club.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am with you SS.
Those who were complaining last year about picking and choosing games between Cup matches must have been delighted to see the obvious focus of the club on the league. Plenty of great home games to look forward to as well.
Come on Cats - do your job and we can be top of the league by 10 on Wednesday.