Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Hampshire

Post by First Try Tickle »

Went off early tonight, holding his arm. Hopefully nothing too serious but it looked a bit worrying.

And why he wasn't in the original 17 I don't know.

We have no stand off with green out, but so far we've had Williams and smith there, both scrum halves.

He'll end up at Saints ripping us apart .....
The Eclipse

Re: Hampshire

Post by The Eclipse »

First Try Tickle wrote:Went off early tonight, holding his arm. Hopefully nothing too serious but it looked a bit worrying.

And why he wasn't in the original 17 I don't know.

We have no stand off with green out, but so far we've had Williams and smith there, both scrum halves.

He'll end up at Saints ripping us apart .....
The bloke who played stand off last night did ok, maybe if he keeps getting overlooked by his own clubs fans then he would be more appreciated at another club.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I personally thought Sam Powell was excellent. I concur with Eclipse.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sam Powell is a six! IMO, he was as instrumental in the win as Matty Smith!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Good have backs can play in both positions!

Ask the likes of Alex Murphy, Danny Brough, Lee Briers or even our good friend Danny McGuire.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Powell played very well, helped by a dominant pack unlike the week before.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Powell played very well, helped by a dominant pack unlike the week before.
Correct TBW, people can seem to forget that all your go-forward stems from having a dominant pack for the 80 mins.
Think the dry, settled conditions helped our style last night as well, with a smaller, quicker set of forwards handling well and getting us round the pitch better than in the heavy, wet weather of last week, which did suit their bigger, more experienced set.

Defensively, I thought Powell showed up well and he appeared to combine well with Smith while I'd like to put in another good word for Sutton's performance again.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Smith's kicking game was much better this week as well, and that was down to the pack dominating the forward battle. Makes a massive difference.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I get the feeling he is going to be the next Nigel Wright, all the talent but forever injured
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:I personally thought Sam Powell was excellent. I concur with Eclipse.
+1
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards