Dave Shillington or Terry Campese to wigan with immediate affect

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
BigD95

Dave Shillington or Terry Campese to wigan with immediate affect

Post by BigD95 »

Dave Shillington or Terry Campese both of the Canberra Raiders is rumoured to be on his way to England. I've heard from a close source that Wigan are making a massive signing this week with immediate affect.
BigD95

Re: Dave Shillington or Terry Campese to wigan with immediate affect

Post by BigD95 »

very much doubt there pat there best, if you actually watched NRL you'd see that campese controls the play and would be a perfect combo with Smith and Shillington is Strong, Fit and gets through a ton of work.
BigD95

Post by BigD95 »

Your right the league table doesn't lie

But Campese has played awesome this year but he can't win games on his own.

Shillington does have mileage he's 31 he's going to but still one of the best forwards in world rugby

Also for a start Hampshire is Full Back and I like Sutton but with Shillo it gives Sutton a Year or 2 to get bigger, stronger and more experienced

East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I would take Shillington for a couple of seasons. He was playing SOO last year and for Australia the year before. A big unit in the front row would be useful against Leeds and Hudds.

Campese is a tricky one as it would block Powell, Williams and Hampshire from the stand off slot. So I would say no to that one. I reckon we could well lose one of those youngsters if he did sign.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Shillington would bring size and experience to our pack something we need. Greenwood who is 20 will return next year and Sutton is still only 18, a few years off a starting prop.

Campese has experience which I think is what every team needs in its spine. He also has injury problems so when he doesn't play our younger players will get their opportunity.

Both would be good signings.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No to both IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wane has already said he is going to go with the three young halfbacks and wasn't looking to bring in a player from outside.

If a player was brought in to go until the end of the season that might make sense as had Green remained fit he'd be as much "in the way" of the young half backs as any such stop gap signing.

However a longer term deal for a 6 would be very surprising given Wane's comments and would beg the question does Wane want the player or is he being told he has to have him!

If we keep Taylor I see no reason to sign a forward either given the number we have on the books.

If we are looking to the NRL what we could really do with is a George Carmont MkII if Goulding is off to Salford.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:Wane has already said he is going to go with the three young halfbacks and wasn't looking to bring in a player from outside.

If a player was brought in to go until the end of the season that might make sense as had Green remained fit he'd be as much "in the way" of the young half backs as any such stop gap signing.

However a longer term deal for a 6 would be very surprising given Wane's comments and would beg the question does Wane want the player or is he being told he has to have him!

If we keep Taylor I see no reason to sign a forward either given the number we have on the books.

If we are looking to the NRL what we could really do with is a George Carmont MkII if Goulding is off to Salford.

I agree, if taylor is staying and goulding is leaving then first choice strengthening should be a decent centre.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

And if Taylor is going then we need a prop, a big one too. Shillington is that.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Shillington is a very good player. I cant say I am too fussed on Campese though. I highly doubt that Wigan will sign either player anyway.