Possible Signing?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Possible Signing?

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I went to the Leigh game today. I've now seen them 4 times and think Craig (?) Stapleton would be a useful signing for us this year. He played second row today but is usually prop. He would provide more pack options, must surely be available and wouldn't cost the earth. I think he was a Parramatta (sp). Does anyone concur or have more info on him?
GeoffN

Re: Possible Signing?

Post by GeoffN »

I remember him playing very well for Paramatta up to signing for Leigh last year, but haven't seen him since.
I don't think he's that old either, compared to Mo's usual Aussies - about 26 maybe? not sure.
Can't see Leigh letting him go though.

Spoke to a few Leythers after the game, and they reckon they were "Gansoned" and should have won. You agree?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Re Ganson
He penalised Leigh a lot in the first half. When he eased up they played quite well. At the end there was confusion because Ganson appeared to walk off just as Jason Duffy popped over a dg to win the game. Many Leythers weren't happy but I faintly heard the hooter before he dropped the goal.

Re Stapleton

Just been checking him out. Found out he played for St George/Illawarra at the time of the merger. Listed as co-coach was a certain Andrew Farrar!!
Stapleton will be 27 in August
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

join the club
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
At the end there was confusion because Ganson appeared to walk off just as Jason Duffy popped over a dg to win the game. Many Leythers weren't happy but I faintly heard the hooter before he dropped the goal.
Even if the hooter had gone you play on until the ball is dead. Or had a tackle just been completed on the hooter?
aspy

Post by aspy »

http://www.thetigers.com.au/
paste this into your search bar just read it on another site. :D
English Forward Richard Fletcher has been forced to cut short his sojourn with the Tigers after being offered a place in the roster at Wigan, the famous English Club. Richard and his family thoroughly enjoyed the Australian life style but the severe heat at the start of our season made it difficult for him to show Tiger Supporters his full range of skills.

The Tigers wish him the very best with his new start in the English League.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

interesting..................does that mean he's deffinately coming? especially if its on their website
aspy

Post by aspy »

There are pictures of him on rlfans on the link fletcher.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

robjoenz posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
At the end there was confusion because Ganson appeared to walk off just as Jason Duffy popped over a dg to win the game. Many Leythers weren't happy but I faintly heard the hooter before he dropped the goal.
Even if the hooter had gone you play on until the ball is dead. Or had a tackle just been completed on the hooter?
Not too sure if the hooter I heard wasn't the second blast. In any event Darren Abram was interviewed later on radio and was only complaining about the fact that Leigh successfully kicked to touch on the last tackle, their forwards went to form the scrum then Ganson called a handover!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Go to the Hull board on RLFans.com - there's some interesting stuff on this Fletcher lad there!!