Re: Adrian Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

What injuries? At the moment we have Orr, Moran, Brown, Godwin and Coyle available for half back slots. If you said he was coming out of retirement because of a lack of quality I would have believed it!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

No. The only one that I've heard about is Richard Fletcher and that looks to be true since his own club's website has posted that he is joining us.
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

More than a rumour if my sources are correct.Apparently he is being paid on a per match basis(£4k per appearance).
Just about sums up the sorry state of affairs at this once great club.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we are still a great club. And all the fans should believe that but some do not. All that has happened is that over clubs have now caught up its like liverpool in football they dominated for ages and now they dont but they are still a great club.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

Can't agree Im afraid.Whatever the truth of the matter there is no way that this can be seen as a positive move.It doesn't matter if he's the best 7 in the world,we are trying(& failing miserably)to build a great team & this is nothing more than sticking plaster and an expicit admission that our recruitment policy(both in terms of buying AND selling-Luke Robinson anyone?)has been a failure.
Out "injury crisis"is hardly centred on the availability of half backs is it.
Also, what sort of signal does this send out to the existing candidates.Lets hope its only a rumour although my source is normally good.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doug Stand posted:
Pedro the Exile posted:
Also, what sort of signal does this send out to the existing candidates.Lets hope its only a rumour although my source is normally good.
The signal it sends out to the prospective 7's at Wigan is look lads you're not good enough so we're having to bring in an old fella to show you how to play!
So you'd want to cop yourselves on a bit because at the end of the day it's a bit embarrassing.

I think that's what it says and I for one fully endorse it.
If the powers that be have decided that the half backs at Wigan are not good enough then the only solution is to bring in ones that they consider better, not revert to Lam.

He would likely be off the pace and get injured easily with those knees and then were would we be? The idea of dropping Moran or Orr for Lam is suicidal to team moral and confidence.

Mind you unless the pack is sorted out first you can bring in who you like and would not make much difference.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

WOuld it not be better to get coyle involved a lot more, challenging moran and orr to perform well to keep their spots but giving him experience as well as the oppurtunity to grab a first team spot. He's been a good player when he's been on the pitch, at the moment i dont see what we have to lose
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
WOuld it not be better to get coyle involved a lot more, challenging moran and orr to perform well to keep their spots but giving him experience as well as the oppurtunity to grab a first team spot. He's been a good player when he's been on the pitch, at the moment i dont see what we have to lose
Nothing. But I feel the same about playing Colbon on the wing with Aspy in the centre but I can't see it happening for some reason.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

The colbon thing has puzzled me since carney got injured and he first played for us though, i'm thinking its got more to do with his studys than anythign, but if betts is willing to include him in the 17 i dont see why not the starting 13
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
The colbon thing has puzzled me since carney got injured and he first played for us though, i'm thinking its got more to do with his studys than anythign, but if betts is willing to include him in the 17 i dont see why not the starting 13
Could his and Melling's contracts be on a pay for play basis or am I being a wee bit cynical?