Re: Adrian Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mrs_carney posted:
It'd just be a bad thing for the team, making them think they arent good enough they have to bring a retired guy to play for them
I'm not sure I agree with this. Did everyone criticise Warrington when they brought Alfie Langer out of retirement? No, we all looked on whilst the little wizard showed off his great skills (for a short time, at least). Darren Smith was pretty good at Skints, and we got an extra couple of years out of Renouf when he might have retired. We're saying we lack experience, someone suggests bringing in an experienced player and instead everyone wants the young kids in. :conf:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
mrs_carney posted:
It'd just be a bad thing for the team, making them think they arent good enough they have to bring a retired guy to play for them
I'm not sure I agree with this. Did everyone criticise Warrington when they brought Alfie Langer out of retirement? No, we all looked on whilst the little wizard showed off his great skills (for a short time, at least). Darren Smith was pretty good at Skints, and we got an extra couple of years out of Renouf when he might have retired. We're saying we lack experience, someone suggests bringing in an experienced player and instead everyone wants the young kids in. :conf:
Sorry Fraggle but there is a big difference in bringing someone into the club and "unretiring" one of your coaching staff.

In a way, we've already "unretired" Guisset and now Fletcher.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Fraggle posted:
mrs_carney posted:
got to agree with ya there fraggle,
did'nt craig smith go home at the end of last season to retire ?? but i seem to recall everyone saying " We could have had another couple of years out of him ",
i wonder what smith is doing now eh?, Oh yes now i remember, he's playing in a top side in the aussie league..............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i rest my case.
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Sorry but I think it would be a backward step bringing Lam out of retirement. We all have wonderful memories of what a great player he was, we should leave it at that.
Brian's Girl

WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I heard this last week before the leeds game it was mentioned by Graham Lovett on the super league phone in, i would be concerned about this as it could destroy whats left of Lam's knees
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

I'm sure this is all speculation anyway. I think that Lam stated if Wigan were really desperate he would CONSIDER coming out of retirement not that he would definitely pull on a shirt.
Brian's Girl

we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: IMO this is a panick descision, it has no merit whatsoever, it looks like Doris has settled for a lower than halfway finish this year, we will have nothing to play for after another 2 rounds of the cup if we are not careful. IMO, allegedly etc, etc.

:wink:
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Much as i adore Adrian Lam of course it's a backward step. It wouldn't give our halfbacks much confidence and at the moment they both need it. My rose tinted goggles are of course on and i will continue to defend Danny Orr to the end. I really do believe he's struggling with injury but been the man he is won't let the team down and will carry on even though it's not doing anyone any good. I think time should be given to his and Dennis Moran's partnership as they've only played about 2 and a half games together. It takes longer than that for a partnership to develop especially one that i believe will be the best!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

hayley 04 posted:
Much as i adore Adrian Lam of course it's a backward step. It wouldn't give our halfbacks much confidence and at the moment they both need it. My rose tinted goggles are of course on and i will continue to defend Danny Orr to the end. I really do believe he's struggling with injury but been the man he is won't let the team down and will carry on even though it's not doing anyone any good. I think time should be given to his and Dennis Moran's partnership as they've only played about 2 and a half games together. It takes longer than that for a partnership to develop especially one that i believe will be the best!
How can you say it would be a backward step, that is an outright insult to Lammy. Why is everyone so negative, this message board used to be so positive and enthusiastic about this wonderful club and look at it now!
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Am not been negative but if they were injured fair enough just don't think it would be good for confidence reasons and what would happen if we came to rely on him again. It wouldn't be fair all round. Adrian Lam is wonderful though. Do agree with the general negativity though i get depressed sometimes reading what people think but then again they are entitled to say what they want