Squad to play Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Squad to play Saints

Post by Fujiman »

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad

John Bateman, Matt Bowen, Joe Burgess, Greg Burke, Dom Crosby, Jamie Doran, Gil Dudson, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Jack Hughes, Jordan James, Dom Manfredi, Jack Murphy, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powel, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, George Williams
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Saints squad

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I thought Gelling was suspended? And no Charnley?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:I thought Gelling was suspended? And no Charnley?
Gelling used EGP so no ban. Josh got a knock I think
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Fantastic news having Gelling available then. Is Charnley actually out or is it Wane and his mind games again? Not that I mind Burgess and Manfreidi, but Charnley is, as he showed the other week, in a class of his own and can score from any part of the pitch. I would love to see Bowen coming into the line with Charnley outside him to finish.
josie andrews

Re: Squad to play Saints

Post by josie andrews »

Wane Names Derby Squad

Wigan Warriors head coach Shaun Wane has named his 19 mand squad for Fridays top of the table Super League clash against St Helens.

The Best of Enemies will do battle at the DW Stadium with an 8pm kick off when the reigning champions will look to record a league double over thier neighbours in 2014.

Wane welcomes back Matty Bowen (pictured above), Joe Burgess, Gil Dudson, Dom Crosby and John Bateman to the squad after missing the defeat to Wakefield at the weekend.

However, the right flank partnership of Josh Charnley and Darrell Goulding are both ruled out after picking up leg injuries on Sunday and are replaced by Dom Manfredi and Cumbrian halfback Jamie Doran, who has been in fine form for the Warriors under 19's side.

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad

John Bateman, Matt Bowen, Joe Burgess, Greg Burke, Dom Crosby, Jamie Doran, Gil Dudson, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Jack Hughes, Jordan James, Dom Manfredi, Jack Murphy, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powel, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, George Williams

St Helens 19-man Squad

Tommy Makinson, Jordan Turner, Josh Jones, Swift, Lance Hohaia, Luke Walsh, Mose Masoe, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Sia Soliola, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Mark Flanagan, Paul Wellens, Alex Walmsley, Mark Percival, Matty Dawson, Greg Richards, Luke Thompson

Referee: Phil Bentham
Video Referee: Ben Thaler

Wigan vs St Helens Head to Head

Last ten meetings:

St Helens 14, Wigan 33 (SLR9, 18/4/14)
St Helens 22, Wigan 16 (SLR22, 22/7/13)
Wigan 28, St Helens 16 (SLR9, 29/3/13)
Wigan 18, St Helens 26 (SLR27, 7/9/12)
St Helens 16, Wigan 42 (SLR15, 27/5/12)
(at Etihad Stadium, Manchester)
Wigan 18, St Helens 4 (CCQF, 12/5/12)
St Helens 10, Wigan 28 (SLR10, 6/4/12)
St Helens 26, Wigan 18 (SLQSF, 1/10/11)
Wigan 18, St Helens 26 (SLQPO, 18/9/11)
St Helens 12, Wigan 18 (CCSF, 6/8/11)
(at Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington)

Super League Summary:

Wigan won 31 (includes win in 2010 Grand Final & wins in 2001, 2003 and 2004 play-offs)
St Helens won 28 (includes win in 2000 Grand Final & wins in 2000, 2002, 2009 and 2011 play-offs)
4 draws

To purchase tickets for Wigan vs St Helens visit the DW Stadium ticket office, call the ticket hotline on 0871 66 33 552 (calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline, call costs from mobiles may vary) or visit Warriors eTickets and select the Print@Home option

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... PuT9cpH.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We have enough firepower to beat them again, assuming that we can actually pick from those 19 players on the day. I must say I find the habit of naming Lockers in advance only for him to drop out before the game v annoying...
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Doran is actually built like a hooker IMO.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I am hoping that we are not risking injured players just because it is a derby match, it is far more important to have a fit and healthy squad further down the line. I have no doubt that Wigan's best 17 will turn Saints over when it really matters.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Is there something going on with Josh he has only just returned and was outstanding the other week the mind boggles
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Suzieb wrote:Is there something going on with Josh he has only just returned and was outstanding the other week the mind boggles
It says in the write up he is injured as well as Goulding! Both picked up injuries during a game and not training which is usually the case but some like to disagree with that!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett