Lockers to stand off?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Lockers to stand off?

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Could it be worth a punt using Lockers as a stand off for short periods of the game when Williams is off the field and putting Flower to loose forward and Powell to hooker? Not that it really makes that much difference during scrum time these days
josie andrews

Re: Lockers to stand off?

Post by josie andrews »

Why make four changes when one player is off the pitch?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No
menpond

Post by menpond »

McGUIRE always had his top 17 primed for the big matches,and if injury /loss of form merited a change then best candidate was given his chance.No kids were thrown on seemingly at random ,especially in cup ties. SEEMED TO WORK. Players now are given a chance ,even if they will never be good enough. Then most disappear. Players are now given chance at key position eg standoff in cup tie against Castleford, which doesnt help organisation. Does Wane know his best side,if all are fit? I fear last year was a lucky break with most top teams in transition ,so we won fair and square but Wane is now overrating a lot of the players. ? For instance the lack of power in the centres and second rowers is an obvious weakness, as generally remarked on by RADDERS on the OZ trip in early season. If the link up with full back is stymied,nobody has the power to make a break. Reminicent of Hardisty smashing C TYRERS face at Wembley in 1970,and nobody else can make a break.
mp
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No. This game will be won in the forwards and lockers is the best forward in the competition. I'd like to see us change our tactics for this match, by this I mean keeping the ball tight around the ruck and kicking on the fourth tackle - we want their big guys starved of oxygen ASAP. If we play an NRL type game then I am confident we will win.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Yes, just don't let him do any kicking
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

God wrote:I feel we are very good at backing up plays and really have the best in the business in Mango.

However we have lost our best support player this season for this fixture Liam Farrell. He's been somewhat of an enigma of backing up breaks this year and will be one less player too far I feel.

No matter how confident we are as fans unfortunately I really feel the 9 players missing for this will be too much against the likes of Roby, Masone and Manu.

Especially Mcllorum who always outplays Roby. If we win I think we will go on a great run accumulating in winning the league...loose and I think we won't win a thing unfortunately.
I don't agree, if all our players are fit come the business end of the season then nobody will fancy playing us. If it was any other team with our list of injuries then they wouldn't have won a game in the last two months.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lockers at SO has never worked as an attacking option. I wouldn't do it now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The essence of Lockers at LF is you have a 3rd player with passing ability. He is far better as the 3rd option than constraining him as 2nd playmaker option.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:Lockers at SO has never worked as an attacking option. I wouldn't do it now.
Correct! Never, ever worked with him at 6. God knows why its been tried as often as it has.