Centre Defence

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Centre Defence

Post by cpwigan »

Both still make me nervous!
cpwigan

Re: Centre Defence

Post by cpwigan »

Sarge should never play at centre again IMO
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

For all his fans Gelling IMO is not good enough.
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Sarge has got to go
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

CPW, if you think that was poor tonight then you mustn't have seen him and Burgess play alongside each other at Cas.
Tonight looked like a defensive masterclass compared to Cas.
Sargy and Burgess mustn't play centre wing again together. It doesn't work. Wane has to work on different combinations for them both.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wiganer Ted wrote:CPW, if you think that was poor tonight then you mustn't have seen him and Burgess play alongside each other at Cas.
Sargy and Burgess mustn't play centre wing again together. It doesn't work. Wane has to work on different combinations for them both.
I agree, both Josh and Joe should have better centres playing with them! At the moment, I would play Goulding and Charnley at centre with Burgess and Manfredi on the wings.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:CPW, if you think that was poor tonight then you mustn't have seen him and Burgess play alongside each other at Cas.
I agree, both Josh and Joe should have better centres playing with them! At the moment, I would play Goulding and Charnley at centre with Burgess and Manfredi on the wings.
Charnley the best winger in super league as center? Not going to happen
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kaii wrote:
He's a better centre than Gelling and Sarginson and Manfredi is a better player than both of them too!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Kaii wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: I agree, both Josh and Joe should have better centres playing with them! At the moment, I would play Goulding and Charnley at centre with Burgess and Manfredi on the wings.
He's a better centre than Gelling and Sarginson and Manfredi is a better player than both of them too!
Talking rubbish now Manfredi is decent but nowhere near ready to play regular first team rugby, Gelling has been playing well and Sarginson has plenty of skill no matter what the sky sports viewers say
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Here we go again, we lose and then the nonsense starts about who is not good enough in the squad.

Why bother to have a coaching staff with so many 'experts' in the stands.

Or is it in a pub?