sky just confirmed Richard fletcher signed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Re: sky just confirmed Ric...

Post by ChrisA »

Yea from what I remember he was quite a big guy, and was quite an aggresive player.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i wonder would wnac rather we sign a midget choir boy
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

As I posted earlier, he is ex Academy & U21 International. He was highly rated by many at Hull a la Guisset at Warrington.

I'm sure this guy must be on a performance based contract and will be as hungry and grateful as Guisset was. It's a no lose situation for us.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

The only thing thats a worry is his injury list, since theres been no mention of how long the contract is do you just reckon its for this season?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: Decent players, who can perform at a high level, consistently, would do for starters !
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I'd really like to know who the people slagging off this signing think we ought to have signed.

I could list names like Morley but they just are not available. I have not got a clue if this will work out OK as Guisett has but at this stage of the season the best the club could hope to find a player like this or a loan signing.

Pongia was slagged off before ha came and added something to side. This guy hasn't been signed as a key player in the clubs future plans but to do a job.

If he can do it, fine, if not well at least the club is trying to add some depth to the squad.

He will be on peanuts to play as well and with Farrell not officialy gone until June 1st and O'Loughlin and Hock still having to be paid there probably isn't as much room under the salary cap as some people think.

If he has anything about him he will jump at the chance to play for us and seize the opportunity to resurrect his RL career. Guisett has and lets hope this guy follows suit.

Dave
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: Well said DaveO, but we'll see !!!

Here's hoping for the best from him :wink:
craigbeck

Post by craigbeck »

We just spoke to the press officer at WRL and he says this story is nonsence. Apparently the oz club have released Fletcher from his contract because he wants to come home, but Wigan say they have not signed him.

C

http://www.rockfm.co.uk
Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

On the tigers site it mentions that he has been offered a place on the Wigan roster:
Richard Fletcher returns home.

English Forward Richard Fletcher has been forced to cut short his sojourn with the Tigers after being offered a place in the roster at Wigan, the famous English Club. Richard and his family thoroughly enjoyed the Australian life style but the severe heat at the start of our season made it difficult for him to show Tiger Supporters his full range of skills.

The Tigers wish him the very best with his new start in the English League.

THe club are probably waiting for the contract to be signed etc before making an official announcement.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

I wasn't totally overwhelmed when Guisset signed. I was wrong, the lad is playing well. I hope I'm wrong again...it it is true that he has signed (signing)[/quote]
check the warriors web site m8 they say the signing is wide of the mark?