Maurice

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Maurice

Post by we_need_a_coach »

ML has just been interviewed on Wash FM, he recons the defeat against Leeds was expected, as we have been playing above our weight, also had a very defeatist tone regarding, Friday, I think 'IMO' he's lost the plot and does'nt know what to do.

Time for bed Doris, as dougle used to say...
chorleywarrior

Re: Maurice

Post by chorleywarrior »

I think your spot on,he has lost the plot,only last week he said it was about time Wigan won a trophy as it had been to long for a club like them to go without,talk about pile even more pressure on the team!!!!thats just what they need Mo,nice 1
heydude

Post by heydude »

but who do we replace him with, been many calls for his head but who do you get then.
don't eat yellow snow
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

how do we win trophys when he wants a profit rather than spending it on a quality new recruit???? start using a bit of this profit and put it back into the team.
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

JIMH posted:
how do we win trophys when he wants a profit rather than spending it on a quality new recruit???? start using a bit of this profit and put it back into the team.
This may have been mentioned before, but...

we're only allowed to spend £1.8m, no matter how much profit we make. It's called a "salary cap"...you may have heard of it?
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

spot on geoff n. And wnac says we need recruitment we do need recruitment. But how are we supposed to recruit when their is a salary cap if he could buy top quality players which we already have I think he would.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
we_need_a_coach

:angry: Other team are recruiting as we speak, look at any RL web site, it's as though we ar'nt trying !!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: Other team are recruiting as we speak, look at any RL web site, it's as though we ar'nt trying !!!
Ive said it a few times on here. Betts is being set up to fail as Mo can bring in Chris Anderson. As a few say on here teams are recruting and also we could release a back to fit in a prop or second row to keep within the cap.

Gregory gone and Betts is next. Betts should have been given the resources to sucsced but hes had his best player sold from under his nose and now can not recruit. If the money is not a problem as Mo says sack Faz and use the money to recruit.

Loyalty is a hounrable thing but by paying Faz until June its buggering up the team. And that is not fair on Betts.

Yet he will be made the scapegoat for the mess created by the board.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

The deal with faz has really messed us up! :( its almost asif the rfu are trying to mess rugby league up and are starting with the big team.

The RFU really get on my tits :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc:
we_need_a_coach

:angry: Wigan and the RFL don't need any help from the RFU, Doris can handle this single handed, Get him out !!!!