LLS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

LLS

Post by cpwigan »

Ordinarily I personally think it matters not one jot

BUT

If it prevents Saints winning it, I want the LLS
Wigan_forever1985

Re: LLS

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Its almost become the poisoned chalice as of late, its quite amusing and something that only Rugby League can achieve that the award for being consistently the best team in the league is the lowest recognised trophy you can attain, so much so that its become a source of ridicule.

Its not been helped by Hudds winning it only to capitulate royally "when it mattered". Cas would be a good team to win it this year as they wont win anything else and it be nice to see the work powell has done recognised
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Its almost become the poisoned chalice as of late, its quite amusing and something that only Rugby League can achieve that the award for being consistently the best team in the league is the lowest recognised trophy you can attain, so much so that its become a source of ridicule.

Its not been helped by Hudds winning it only to capitulate royally "when it mattered". Cas would be a good team to win it this year as they wont win anything else and it be nice to see the work powell has done recognised
Why Cas, if anyone is going to win a trophy it should be us. If you have Stains, Whino's and us all fighting for it, that will give it credibility.
Wigan_forever1985

Because it's nice to see new names on trophies that's what grows the sport
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

God wrote:From a Rugby League POV its worthless.
Shouldn't that say SKY instead of RL
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Because it's nice to see new names on trophies that's what grows the sport
Only care about Wigan, I want to win everything. The attitude that you want other teams to win stuff is weird, this isn't a kids sharing game it's rugby league
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Does it matter what it is as long as it is another trophy for our cabinet?
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

God wrote:From a Rugby League POV its worthless. From my POV i think its a great achievement and should be rewarded with a World club challenge rather than the Grand Final.

From an outsiders POV, non rugby league fan... Its a great achievement, i was told i was a snob a couple of seasons back when i said we only won the league and nothing else. " Your an idiot if you lot think winning the league is worthless" said one person.
"In any sport its a great achievement why is it not in Rugby League? Your a snob, in fact its down right idiotic" said another despite my explanation as to why its a supposed waste of time.

Imo i think its a great achievement and i enjoy it far more than the concept designed to squeeze every last penny out of fans that is the Grand Final, but hey there is no accounting for taste.
My sentiments exactly. To my mind winning the LLS is proof enough that you have been the most consistent team in the league and should be rewarded for reaching the summit.A path straight through to a world club challenge as God said should be the reward.By all means play out the Grand final as just another trophy much like winning another trophy such as the challenge cup.Why should teams be rewarded for playing the game in an under handed way like resting players in certain games so that your team is fit for the play offs.All to often we have seen players left out of certain games then emerge fully fit when the play offs arrive. I want to attend each game believing that my club is fielding the best possible team for that game.Rather than thinking Grand final play offs.I am old enough to remember the days when the Grand final was never even thought of and winning the league leaders shield was the be all and end all.It's only because of the dictatorial nature of Sky and the capitulation of the rfl to Sky that we have this situation. Don't get me wrong it is nice to say we are Grand final winners but to say that winning the league is unimportant is in my way of thinking wrong.I wonder how the clubs would feel if we all stopped buying season tickets and only bothered to turn up for the last quarter of games because the rest did not matter knowing you where watching a weakened team. :D
Wigan_forever1985

Kaii wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Because it's nice to see new names on trophies that's what grows the sport
Only care about Wigan, I want to win everything. The attitude that you want other teams to win stuff is weird, this isn't a kids sharing game it's rugby league
I want wigan to win everything on offer, however if we werent to win i like to see new names on trophies as its good for the sport, i am a wigan fan, but i am also a rugby league fan and i want the sport to have a future.
Maverickpils

Post by Maverickpils »

It would be great to see us win it this season considering the injuries we have had and the youngsters we have had to play at times. It would be a great reward for the youngsters if no-one else.