v Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

v Salford

Post by ian.birchall »

Having watched the Reds last night put in a very strong performance v Leeds I am a little concerned that with 2 days less turn round compared to the Reds that next Thursday nights game could turn into a potential banana skin.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Kittwazzer

Re: v Salford

Post by Kittwazzer »

ian.birchall wrote:Having watched the Reds last night put in a very strong performance v Leeds I am a little concerned that with 2 days less turn round compared to the Reds that next Thursday nights game could turn into a potential banana skin.
I see your point but Salford are turning around from a gruelling game against Leeds. We on the other hand will be taking to the pitch following an extra training session at Odsal.

Be reet!????
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Kittwazzer wrote:Be reet!????
I seem to recall that was the consensus when we played Sheffield Eagles in the Challenge Cup Final!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

captinjack wrote:
I seem to recall that was the consensus when we played Sheffield Eagles in the Challenge Cup Final!
Yes because that is a comparison!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
captinjack wrote:
Yes because that is a comparison!!
Comparison eh!! TBW I just meant to beware of the underdog, which our team didn't today. Don't know if you went, but we were bloody dire.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Well I reckon it's a knocking bet for Wigan to kick Salford out of the park on Thursday. Or my theory is all to cock!????
curryman

Post by curryman »

My theory pre Bradford was that we would beat the Bulls and then lose to Salford.

I got worried this morning when my mates started saying we'd win today by a cricket score. That sort of complacency always bothers me. So it proved. We were awful today, the worse we have played all season.

I think we'll beat Salford now, though it is going to be a battle.

The best thing about going to Bradford is being able to go for a curry after the match. I hope they get promoted first season, as a trip to the Mumtaz compensates every time when the match (or rather Wigan) are that rubbish.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

With a four day turnaround its going to be difficult.
Waney says Joel T is ready as is Gelling plus Dudson should be available after his three match ban.
Goulding was strapped up 2nd half so probably won't play. Someone was put on report following Kearney getting a belt to the head which ended his game, they could miss a game.

After today's shambles at Bradford a more positive attitude will be needed if we are to get the win needed.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Kittwazzer wrote:
I see your point but Salford are turning around from a gruelling game against Leeds. We on the other hand will be taking to the pitch following an extra training session at Odsal.

Be reet!????[/quote]

Well that training session didn't work out as planned Kittwazzer. Still look on the bright side, Thursdays match doesn't matter at all now as we've already blown the LLS.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Look out for my kids in blue walking out with the players on Thursday!
Up The Mont!