Denis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Re: Denis

Post by warrior till i die »

i can not believe you lot! Your being taken. What coach could do anything with all the injuries we have? If it was leeds,saints,bradford or even australia you cant do anything with injuries
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I think the new users have misunderstood you PnB. You haven't posted on here for a while so you're bound to get some backchat from them.
What's happened to you, why have you disowned your second favourite team?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
I think the new users have misunderstood you PnB. You haven't posted on here for a while so you're bound to get some backchat from them.
With Wires good result today and them moving above us in the table, it's no wonder P'n'B's not too interested in us at the moment! Still, we must be due to play them soon, we'll maybe have some good banter then. Will we be the underdogs for once?!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

MrsLam posted:
I'm not so sure that Wigan are my second favorite team but one thing is for sure MrsLam, you are my favorite Wigan supporter. :inlo:
Anyways, I fear for you all at the Warriors, I have a worry that if the Latics make the Premiership then Whellan will have to bankroll them to such a huge extent that there'll not be any investment coming your way.
:doz: Denis
:with: Mo
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

primrose-n-blue posted:
MrsLam posted:
I'm not so sure that Wigan are my second favorite team but one thing is for sure MrsLam, you are my favorite Wigan supporter. :inlo:
Anyways, I fear for you all at the Warriors, I have a worry that if the Latics make the Premiership then Whellan will have to bankroll them to such a huge extent that there'll not be any investment coming your way.
:doz: Denis
:with: Mo
I think we should invest in those wonderful 2 pint plastic pots you have at Halliwell Jones!!. Last time there I went to the bar, ordered a pint and the girl asked "Is that a small pint or a large one?". :lol:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

primrose-n-blue posted:
It'd be interesting to know just how much we're financially supported by DW at the moment. Ticket sales alone cover the salary cap (I posted recently some rough calculations to justify this claim) so that's not an issue, then of course there's commercial sponsorship, merchandise sales, Sky TV and BBC income... DW probably chips in with bargaining chips to tempt players to the club, but the sums of money involved won't be particularly big compared to even what he pays now for a single Championship player. People assume we're totally reliant on DW, but it ain't necessarily so.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I think we should invest in those wonderful 2 pint plastic pots you have at Halliwell Jones!!. Last time there I went to the bar, ordered a pint and the girl asked "Is that a small pint or a large one?". :lol:
I think I'd be ill if I tried to drink two pints of that disgusting dishwater we sell as beer at the JJB. One is one too many, I'd rather have water out of the Douggie.

[hr]
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Fraggle posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:
It'd be interesting to know just how much we're financially supported by DW at the moment. Ticket sales alone cover the salary cap (I posted recently some rough calculations to justify this claim) so that's not an issue, then of course there's commercial sponsorship, merchandise sales, Sky TV and BBC income... DW probably chips in with bargaining chips to tempt players to the club, but the sums of money involved won't be particularly big compared to even what he pays now for a single Championship player. People assume we're totally reliant on DW, but it ain't necessarily so.
Said for a while that RL, or indeed any sport in this country, is absolute peanuts compared to premiership soccer.

Common knowledge that DW is a soccer man and he will give the premiership his best shot.

Surely though he won't kill the goose that laid the golden egg Wigan RL?

Latics may well be promoted but are then in the perilous situation of "doing a Barnsley or Sheff Wednesday" and tumbling down the divisions.

DW, the astute business man that he is, will need a healthy, vibrant RL club in Wigan to maintain his profile, pride and to bail Latics out finacially.

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
I think I'd be ill if I tried to drink two pints of that disgusting dishwater we sell as beer at the JJB. One is one too many, I'd rather have water out of the Douggie.
Looking at your picture you should have left the Dougie alone too :wink: