Wayne Mcdonald

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Wayne Mcdonald

Post by jinkin jimmy »

JIMH posted:
sounds like a good deal for us, a big lad on loan from a top super league club. I dont want to be to cynical tho and wonder if this now frees up space on leeds salary cap for them to bring in another world class player that we should have bought. watch this space.....
My cynicism has me thinking we have not suddenly decided this week to sign McDonald. I bet we have been after him for weeks and Leeds have finally decided we have lost sufficient matches for us not to be a threat :sly:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

wiganrldeanh posted:
Different players perform differently at different clubs, look at moran compared to when he used to be at his old club. McDonald may be an absolute astounding player for us.
The good thing is, he's only signed for the rest of the season - two advantages to this:-
(a) he should be playing with something to prove.
(b) we're not committed to him for longer if he doesn't measure up (or if someone better does become available).

Well done Mo!
Wonder if we've got an option on him for longer if he does turn out to be a good acquisition?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Sorry but I've got to say it

McDonald - I'M LOVING IT!!! :blush:
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

DaveO posted:
waterside glens posted:
look we,ve taken the guy on loan, we are depleted by injury ,it,s his chance to prove he can become a regular and if it doesn,t work out we send him back to leeds. what,s the problem there
As he is on loan, none. If we had signed him on a three year deal or whatever I'd be less than pleased.

Simply put in the off season we need to bring in a better prop than him.

Dave
exactly dave he could turn out like guisett ,
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

If he does that then nobody (except wnac) can complain!!! :)
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Couldn't we have used Terry O as a 4th prop this season?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Not sure widnes would loan him out to us :roll:
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

mrs_carney posted:
If he does that then nobody (except wnac) can complain!!! :)
mrs_carney posted

:angry: I'm sorry again Mrs_carney, but IMO Leeds would not let a decent player go at this point in the season, especially to Wigan, unless they where convinced he could'nt help us.
He's too Tall and not very facst or agile, according to the Leeds fans on their web site, not rated by them at all, and obviously not rated by their coaches, when you consider how many times he started for them !!
we need to attract some experience with ability, this man is certainly not that !!

And as if all this was not enough, Radlinski pulls out for tomorrow, could it get any worse ???

:wink: Or is it all part of a larger plan :wink:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Oh so you'd rather rads played made him hamstring worse and was out for more than 2ish weeks, good on you!
Leeds have top notch players ok obviously theres are better than him or they wouldnt have let him go they just have better options