Standards Dropping?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Standards Dropping?

Post by Doveoverdave »

Yonks ago fans took the mick out of Gilly. Surely he's miles better than the backs we have at the moment and he could kick goals.
we_need_a_coach

Re: Standards Dropping?

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Not dropping, sunk out of sight .
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Unfortunatly, this is the worst squad ive seen in the last 20 years.
Weve no world class backs apart from Radlinski and Carney whos crocked.
Our back rowers are average at best, our halves are decent but are not performing and even if they where they are no Edwards, Gregory or Lam.

Im not living in the past here, im saying the quality is not there anymore and im giving examples.
we_need_a_coach

ChrisA posted:
Our back rowers are average at best, our halves are decent but are not performing and even if they where they are no Edwards, Gregory or Lam.

Im not living in the past here, im saying the quality is not there anymore and im giving examples.
:angry: Well said chrisA, I know I am always going on about the same subject, but ultimately, the players are here because Doris brought them, Tactically we are inept, this is down to Betts.
IMO they should both go now !!!
Pies R Us

Post by Pies R Us »

Well said Chris A. It is certainly the worse squad I have seen in the last 17 years. It is all very well saying we have all these 'Young Players' coming through - BUT are they good enough. I have seen no evidence to suggest they are. I certainly think they should decide where Kev Browns preferred position is, at present he is being moved from pillar to post and NOT impressing one bit wherever he plays. Sort it out Betts.

As for standards - they certainly are dropping. I know we cannot live in the past, but come on, this is Wigan RLFC we're talking about. DORIS get your finger out. We need to recruit several players in the close-season and get rid of some of the 'dead-wood' (Plenty to choose from), otherwise next season is going to be another waste of space - like this one!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

:eusa2:
Welski

Post by Welski »

ChrisA posted:

I think that holds true not just for Wigan but across the code at the moment. At the risk of repeating it endlessly the game is not what it was in this country.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
we_need_a_coach

Welski posted:
ChrisA posted:

I think that holds true not just for Wigan but across the code at the moment. At the risk of repeating it endlessly the game is not what it was in this country.
:( So it's official, it's not just Wigan, the whole of Rugby Leegue is going down the pan !!!
It's not what Stevo says on SKY, is he lying ???????
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
Welski posted:
ChrisA posted:

:( So it's official, it's not just Wigan, the whole of Rugby Leegue is going down the pan !!!
It's not what Stevo says on SKY, is he lying ???????
You actually listen to what Stevo says about anything? That explains a lot...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Spot on Doug, Gill was a top player :D