This says it all

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

This says it all

Post by ChrisA »

We put so much effort in tonight, the guys tried their hardest for the full 80 minutes, you couldnt ask for more.

But we got hammered, plain and simple we have to many injuries, we are not big enough, we are not organised, we have little idea going forward, and we have to many players who are not ready. basically we are not a good team anymore, we are very average. Teams are doing to us, what we used to do to them.
we_need_a_coach

Re: This says it all

Post by we_need_a_coach »

ChrisA posted:
We put so much effort in tonight, the guys tried their hardest for the full 80 minutes, you couldnt ask for more.

But we got hammered, plain and simple we have to many injuries, we are not big enough, we are not organised, we have little idea going forward, and we have to many players who are not ready. basically we are not a good team anymore, we are very average. Teams are doing to us, what we used to do to them.
:angry: So now you are begining to see what I have been trying to say for months !!!

It won't get any better, we have become a bottom 4 team very quickly.

:angry:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Were lacking so much at the moment its hard to see us getting in the top 6. Were looking like a side going down out of the top 6 fast.

Tonight apart from Dallas and Vaeliki can you name 1 player who played well. We bombed good situations and every time got punished.

Wild and Brown were poor. Pack struggles to get us 30 meters on a set of 6. All the problems stems from the short sightedness of the people runnning the club. In a pivitoal season for the club they let Faz go. Ok he wanted to go but he should have gone on our terms and not his. He should have been going at the end of the season and not before the season gets going. Its difficult now for anyone to protect Betts as he will now have at most 2 SL games to get winning again of he will go. I know he would not play until May if he was there, but that drained a lot of self belief out of the team. Also Leigh can recruit a few players we sign 1.

We will get people on here saying we did well, had good periods in the game, but in reality we were second best from the moment Brown ran the ball in the first minute on the last tackle. We never looked like scoring on the wing with Aspinwall.

Dallas looked the best player on the pitch on both sides. Its a big game next week, lose and heads will roll not just management but players will be shown the door at the end of the season. This is not an over reaction to this game but a reaction to the 6 weve lost so far.

Betts has been shafted by MO and Faz. And he will carry the buck for the playing situation at the moment due to Faz leaving. Also Betts and Mo must carry the can for letting Craig Smith go last season as well as maybe now a couple of others.

Yes we had injuries but apart from Orr who we did miss tonight and Carney and Radlinski that is all we have until next season out at present who will return before our end of season in September.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

we_need_a_coach posted:
ChrisA posted:

:angry: So now you are begining to see what I have been trying to say for months !!!

It won't get any better, we have become a bottom 4 team very quickly.

I have to agree, over the past few seasons our recruitment has been abysmal, our youngsters are not good enough to get by without making any world class signings. We cant get anyone class this season, but my god we need to recruit some truely world class players for next like all the other top clubs have done, thats why they are top clubs, because they have recruited the top players.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:

Quite agree.

It says it all when you realise in this era of an all professional game we fielded two players who are actually semi-professinals.

Wigan, the side that led the way to the professional era of Rugby League are reduced to playing two semi-pro players because of five injures.

Who still thinks Mo did the right thing in letting Farrell go?

After tonights result had Andy still been here I would be thinking come May, when he returns, he would steady the ship. But he anint cming and that is down to Mo.

People have slagged him off for letting Robinson and Briscoe go but they are barking up the wrong tree. These two are not what this side needs.

Let your best player and leader go and this is what you get.

It was all very well being nice to Andy but are other sides being nice to Wigan because we now have a squad with no depth?

Nope.

Dave

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

One thing WNAC you get on fast when we lose but u ntake a week sometimes when we win. WHY???????????
we_need_a_coach

thegimble posted:
Were lacking so much at the moment its hard to see us getting in the top 6. Were looking like a side going down out of the top 6 fast.

Tonight apart from Dallas and Vaeliki can you name 1 player who played well. We bombed good situations and every time got punished.

Wild and Brown were poor. Pack struggles to get us 30 meters on a set of 6. All the problems stems from the short sightedness of the people runnning the club. In a pivitoal season for the club they let Faz go. Ok he wanted to go but he should have gone on our terms and not his. He should have been going at the end of the season and not before the season gets going. Its difficult now for anyone to protect Betts as he will now have at most 2 SL games to get winning again of he will go. I know he would not play until May if he was there, but that drained a lot of self belief out of the team. Also Leigh can recruit a few players we sign 1.

We will get people on here saying we did well, had good periods in the game, but in reality we were second best from the moment Brown ran the ball in the first minute on the last tackle. We never looked like scoring on the wing with Aspinwall.

Dallas looked the best player on the pitch on both sides. Its a big game next week, lose and heads will roll not just management but players will be shown the door at the end of the season. This is not an over reaction to this game but a reaction to the 6 weve lost so far.

Betts has been shafted by MO and Faz. And he will carry the buck for the playing situation at the moment due to Faz leaving. Also Betts and Mo must carry the can for letting Craig Smith go last season as well as maybe now a couple of others.

Yes we had injuries but apart from Orr who we did miss tonight and Carney and Radlinski that is all we have until next season out at present who will return before our end of season in September.
:angry: Everyone has had a go at me this last few weeks, but I will state my opinion again, Seuseu not good enough, Guissett will not last the course that was always his problem, Radlinski will leave this year, Dallas although better this evening not now the player he was, Carney to injury prone but will leave this season anyway, Brown not yet found a position to accomodate him, Orr had long enough now, not good enough, Aspinwall, not good enough, need I go on !!!

And before someone says it I know I am not offering solutions, but then again i hav'nt got us into this shi**y mess.

Doris is now innefective and Betts does'nt know his tactics from his tictacs, they have to go to prevent us from sliding even lower.

Please DW see sense and briong in a couple of Pros !!!!

Widnes next, if we can't beat them, I just don't know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Dallas did have a good game, you're right. He looked the most experienced on the pitch. He's quite a cool head on those shoulders, never seems to panic. There was some stupid panic play though. I don't understand what happened to Wild, he makes a break like that and then passes without looking! WHY???? Again with Melling, either commit yourself or don't, simple. Scully gave away two points with a high tackle right infront of the sticks, needless. Panic passes were just going to ground.

I don't think the scoreline did our lads justice though, last week the score pretty much told the story of the match, this week I'm not upset or angry with the performance. Don't think anything can be blamed on the ref (50 50 on decisions even though the winning side didn't seem to think so...) and the players, as has already been said tried for the full 80.

I noticed though and I hope this doesn't become a regular thing, that when running back into our defensive line, we're not facing the play of the ball so if any quick play is made, we're caught out. I would have thought eyes should be on the ball at all times since it's the most important thing in the game.

Thought the first half performance was impressive, our defence was brilliant, we were kicking strongly and chasing and then actually tackling rather than letting them run with it like we usually do which gave us a good position for attacking when the 6 was over. The kicking game was generally good too except for the penalty kick that didn't find touch(again) There were a few creative kicks that were backed up by some good chase.

Anyway, had I not been on the coach I was on the way back I think I'd be a bit more miserable but the drunk men have made my day. Well done to the lads that were out there, good effort. They just need to keep their heads up and their efforts there. It's hard task with a team of youngsters but we'll get there eventually. Chin up!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
Anyway, had I not been on the coach I was on the way back I think I'd be a bit more miserable but the drunk men have made my day. Well done to the lads that were out there, good effort.
I assume you are referring to the men on the coach?

Dave
we_need_a_coach

thegimble posted:
One thing WNAC you get on fast when we lose but u ntake a week sometimes when we win. WHY???????????
:( Once for two matches over Easter, I did'nt post for 5 days, itmay be difficult for you to comprehend this, but I was on holiday, and very nice it was too!!!!!!