Colbon Out???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Colbon Out???

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Took me a while to get round to this but I have been scanning all previous posts....

After Betts morale crushing decision to drag off Colbon we might as well sell him now. Brown cocked up all night long but does the full 80. How long does he get to prove himself??

Bett's rotation of our 4 props was infantile - almost all night the Bulls had 3 props on the field but our coach simply had 2 on then 2 off - he needs L plates for go sakes!! Tony Smith, Brian Noble, Ian Millward, Denis Betts - spot the odd one out!!

Betts will go after the next loss.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Colbon Out???

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Time for bed - just watching the replay on Sky and Eddie has said that tonight will be a good learning curve for us :angry: :angry: :angry:
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( we need a coach !!!!!!!!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Must be reading my mind, Jinkin. Just posted summat about Kev Brown being crap. Have a look, see if you agree or lets have your opinion. Dove
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
Must be reading my mind, Jinkin. Just posted summat about Kev Brown being crap. Have a look, see if you agree or lets have your opinion. Dove
As you can see I'm a mere beginner with a puny 300 posts (Fraggle rules!!) but I'll give you a brief precis of my posts so far....

I've yapped on about the days when we had class in the team (Kenny, Hanley, etc)

I've slated Aspy and Orr - both simply nowhere near good enough.

I forecast we would lose the last 3 games.

I've supported Betts until now.

That sums up my posts so far!! :)
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
As you can see I'm a mere beginner with a puny 300 posts (Fraggle rules!!) but I'll give you a brief precis of my posts so far....

I've yapped on about the days when we had class in the team (Kenny, Hanley, etc)

It's difficult to off load players once they're on contract- Aspy & Orr- unless you give them to Leigh.

Agree that Betts has been placed in a difficult situation, which is not of his making as he is not a head coach, his currant ineptitude is to be expected but exactly what is the position as regards the coaching job.

Is MG still on the payroll as head coach?
Or is DB the head coach-in which case we can replace him. However if MG is still head coach we should replace him and let DB be the assisstant of the new coach.
Difficult to replace MG as he is not there anyway![/quote]
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Doveoverdave posted:
Kev aint crap! HES NOT A FULL BACK.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

The fact he isnt a full back is no consolation for the errors he made yesterday
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

warrior till i die posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Kev aint crap! HES NOT A FULL BACK.
No and watching him run on the last tackle on the very first set make me wonder if he is not a stand off as well.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

Doveoverdave posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

It's difficult to off load players once they're on contract- Aspy & Orr- unless you give them to Leigh.

Agree that Betts has been placed in a difficult situation, which is not of his making as he is not a head coach, his currant ineptitude is to be expected but exactly what is the position as regards the coaching job.

Is MG still on the payroll as head coach?
Or is DB the head coach-in which case we can replace him. However if MG is still head coach we should replace him and let DB be the assisstant of the new coach.
Difficult to replace MG as he is not there anyway!
[/quote]

:angry: Good questions, I have also put these questions on this board, but no one seems to know the answer, or they simply ignore the question IMO, the way we have treated Mike Gregory stinks.
We don't know the position, I don't think he does either !!!

:angry: