Bentham Ruled Out of SL GF

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Bentham Ruled Out of SL GF

Post by cpwigan »

Surely his weak effort tonight = No SL GF Spot

No video referee for a no try that then became a try before the most comedic handling of a punch up (?) since French referee Julien Rascagneres! What is a player supposed to do become a punch bag?
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Bentham Ruled Out of SL GF

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

CP, I am absolutely disgusted with the officiating I watched tonight!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:Surely his weak effort tonight = No SL GF Spot

No video referee for a no try that then became a try before the most comedic handling of a punch up (?) since French referee Julien Rascagneres! What is a player supposed to do become a punch bag?
Can not go to the video referee for a try after the ball clears the ruck area.

Punch up is a joke its a straight red and 10 min for Eddy for retaliation. Bentham will be on holiday before October.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gimble when it suits referees bend the VR rule using it for all manner of things. Getting decisions correct matters! In part we had ourselves to blame because our 1st half made Bentham important.

The second half was Bentham and solely Bentham for his mishaps. Thank God we played so well!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Pathetic tonight. Frightened to make what he knows is the correct call. Wouldn't have him reffing a darts match match never mind the grand final.
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:

Punch up is a joke its a straight red and 10 min for Eddy for retaliation. Bentham will be on holiday before October.
Eddy for retaliation? It was self defence, he only retaliated after the 4th punch!! If he didn't throw one back I would have took him off for not throwing one!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:Gimble when it suits referees bend the VR rule using it for all manner of things. Getting decisions correct matters! In part we had ourselves to blame because our 1st half made Bentham important.

The second half was Bentham and solely Bentham for his mishaps. Thank God we played so well!
I did not go tonight but even Cummins said he could not go for the knock on as the video ref can not judge them. Wether he could have done is another matter but he should not have done.

But the rule needs changing.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Eddy for retaliation? It was self defence, he only retaliated after the 4th punch!! If he didn't throw one back I would have took him off for not throwing one!!
But its still retaliation. Eddy should have just laughed at him and told him he would break his other nut.
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Can not go to the video referee for a try after the ball clears the ruck area.

But its still retaliation. Eddy should have just laughed at him and told him he would break his other nut.
I suppose in the letter of the law it is but for me it was more self defence!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Can someone post some details of the scrap that sounds as though Woods started and Pettybourne got involved in.
Was in Whitby and Scarborough today, and couldn't get to the match.
Thanks.