Mac?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Mac?

Post by cpwigan »

Will he cop anything?

I know it never looks good when somebody is stretchered off but his challenge was not dissimilar to that by Joel and other players.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Mac?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Will he cop anything?

I know it never looks good when somebody is stretchered off but his challenge was not dissimilar to that by Joel and other players.
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the tackle. We have got to remember that this game is played at a very fast pace and a fraction of a second late can make a tackle look bad. If we are not careful then this game is going to be a game of tick and pass! Had it been deliverable foul play like Woody then Fair enough.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think with Mac his reputation = a lynch mob waiting to hang him! I presume the Wire lad relaxed and got whiplash from the tackle. I daresay (hope) he will be perfectly fine.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Hopefully he won't get a ban. It was a late tackle but not a shoulder charge. If we can get Oscar Pistorius's lawyers to defend him he'll be fine.
jobo

Post by jobo »

This is the headless chicken side to MM's game. Why even do it?

As a professional sportsman, you'd think he would by now have matured enough to stop doing attention seeking naughty boy antics.

Stupid.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I disagree JOBO.

MM was fantastic in getting us onto the front foot and not being bullied/dominated. Bentham didn't deal with the Wood/Eddie confrontation properly so it sparked us and them up. MM did what any 'enforcer' should do and backed he's team up, showed them they can't bully us, fair play to him. He didn't do anything NASTY. He was just hard.

In fact, I think the only points we conceded was the penalty in the second half whilst MM was on the pitch.

However, I do think he will cop a 1 game ban, wrongly IMO but he will.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

jobo wrote:This is the headless chicken side to MM's game. Why even do it?

As a professional sportsman, you'd think he would by now have matured enough to stop doing attention seeking naughty boy antics.

Stupid.
I don't agree Jobo. MM was fractionally late with his tackle in a fast pace game. In my opinion he was committed to the tackle. MM helped get us back in the game, and as other people have said he is enforcer. I do agree with comments on here that they (The Rugby League Displinary Panel), will be chomping at the bit to give MM a games ban, if for no other reason that he is a Wigan player, but we are used to that. If there should be any sanction from last nights game it should be on BENTham for an appalling display of refereeing, but that is not going to happen with a clown like Ganson in charge :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

People have to consider the pace / intensity of a top game of RL. If you are a noted big hitter then you have be really commited. It is not easy to be an aggressive defender and pull out. Far easier for a passive defender to be clean but we do not want a passic defender.

Micky Mac BTW is Micky Mac, NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with making it big / showing off etc. He is just an incredibly tough little bugger who plays the game HARD.

Mac was exactly the same as an academy player when a couple of hundred were watching him. I daresay he was the same on a park pitch with one man and his dog watching him.

Interestingly I saw a person in the local paper being sent down for a spell for punching a person and causing brain damage in Wigan Town Centre. The person sent down is nearly double the size of Mac and was an aspiring RL player (at one time). He saw Mac one night in Wigan and started threatening / abusing / challenging him. Mac dropped this thug with one punch! Mac is just tough as.
jobo

Post by jobo »

AdamMac wrote:I disagree JOBO.

MM was fantastic in getting us onto the front foot and not being bullied/dominated. Bentham didn't deal with the Wood/Eddie confrontation properly so it sparked us and them up. MM did what any 'enforcer' should do and backed he's team up, showed them they can't bully us, fair play to him. He didn't do anything NASTY. He was just hard.

In fact, I think the only points we conceded was the penalty in the second half whilst MM was on the pitch.

However, I do think he will cop a 1 game ban, wrongly IMO but he will.
Not disputing his ability, just his judgement. There was no need for him to do what he did. It's not being hard, it's just plain dumb.
jobo

Post by jobo »

captinjack wrote:
jobo wrote:This is the headless chicken side to MM's game. Why even do it?

Stupid.
I don't agree Jobo. MM was fractionally late with his tackle in a fast pace game. In my opinion he was committed to the tackle. MM helped get us back in the game, and as other people have said he is enforcer. I do agree with comments on here that they (The Rugby League Displinary Panel), will be chomping at the bit to give MM a games ban, if for no other reason that he is a Wigan player, but we are used to that. If there should be any sanction from last nights game it should be on BENTham for an appalling display of refereeing, but that is not going to happen with a clown like Ganson in charge :(
Hope the review panel agree with you. I've watched it again and he looked late to me.