Russell Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Russell Smith

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
I'd agree about Russell Smith ( no relation!) though, he was a good ref until round about the time Scummings took over. Coincidence, of course. :wink:
I never rated Smith but he has got worse in recent years. Of course, Mr Cummings would probably tell you he's now brought all the refereeing to a similar standard - to that low standard he himself always used to have!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mario posted:
Vaealikis Girl posted:
Just wondering, has this guy always been hopeless or are us Aussies just really privileged?
He was a good ref until the end of the 98 season. Has been c$$p since.
Totally agree. He was great in the GF that season. He went downhill after then.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

V'sG, you are having a laugh surely when you say that Russell Smith doesn't penalise play the balls that are not done correctly, if memory serves me right the last time an Aussie player played the ball correctly by touching the ball with his foot was in 1981.
Why are you still in Oz anyway instead of over here packing DV into your luggage. Admittedly he put out 2 very nice passes to Dallas on Friday but then once again in the second half he completely disappeared again, he is not fit enough for top grade superleague.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

warrior till i die posted:
At least he aint as bad as that bill harrigan dude who used to ref in australia.
He's coming very very close! The only thing that's pushing Harrigan in front still is his shocker between Parra & Newcastle where he sent 4 of our players off for basically nothing.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Our referees over here aren't much better, particularly this year, and particularly on the forward pass, but i think Smith has been the worst all round so far.
ian.birchall posted:
Why are you still in Oz anyway instead of over here packing DV into your luggage.
Lack of funds is the only thing keeping me here :lol:
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!