Sinking Ship

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Sinking Ship

Post by Doveoverdave »

I am a Farrell fan. He is without doubt a modern great.

We need him now more than ever and now the going is really tough he's left the club-just like Edwards did when he went to play sub for London, Bradford or any other team outside Wigan met, but I digress.

I can't help but compare Farrell's trophy record with that of soccer legend Bryan Robson. Here again we have a super player and captain, but the man was unable to win anything apart from an odd F.A.cup, even though he played for one of the most famous and richest clubs in the world.

Farrell even managed to captain the team to the most famous loss at Wembley when Sheff beat us.

Now though the team is clearly not good enough and he should be here to oversee the rebuilding instead of lining his pockets and building a profile in union.

He owes every thing to the club and loyalty is a two way thing.Even though he has loser written all over his record we could do with his skill, size, leadeship and goal kicking right now.
Joanne2809

Re: Sinking Ship

Post by Joanne2809 »

if you were offered more money for a slightly different job, you are telling me you wouldnt go. Farrell is a loyal servant to Wigan RL, but you cant blame him for going. He has young children and has to think about their future not just his and fans of Wigan RL !! cant blame him or call him for going !!!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

He's a millioaire rugby league professional not a postman you burke!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
He's a millioaire rugby league professional not a postman you burke!
And he's been with the club, showing loyalty, for longer than just about any other player in the club's history.
Professionals change companies all the time - why should more loyalty be expected from a sportsman than from any other employment position, however highly paid?
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

He was loyal in a good team.

You telling me he would have left Wigan in the mid-nineties?

And he's been the highest paid player in the clubs history.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I don't think the current team is anything to do with him leaving.
It was just time for him to go and try something else (like I've said before I am not happy and was not happy at the time that he went) He's gone now, and he doesn't owe us anything, he's done his bit. Time to move on.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Did we get any money for him?

Is it true he being paid till June?

If so shouldn't he play if fit?

No play no pay breach of contract.

Not loyal just fair.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
He was loyal in a good team.

You telling me he would have left Wigan in the mid-nineties?

And he's been the highest paid player in the clubs history.
In the mid 90's he was still a teenager, and our most successful years were behind us. We haven't exactly dominated the last 10 years!

His wage is irrelevant...Company chairmen, for example, on much higher salaries change all the time.
Even politicians change party allegiances, and one would expect much more loyalty from them.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

He's still injured so he can't play anyway
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

I'm merely pointing out that his alleigence has been handsomly paid for.