Quick prediction

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Quick prediction

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I've seen nothing this weekend that frightens me! If we play at our best then I think we will do the business.
Me neither!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

People are jumping the gun here. Huddersfield, Castleford, Warrington and Cats have to play shit or bust next week!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Widnes should have killed wire off no sympathy.Loved the cock up from briscoe.Good game of rugby to watch though.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mickw wrote:Looks like we'll have a tougher semi than final, hope saints make it to the final against us because this saints team really is poor,l can see us taking them to the cleaner's.
I agree.

Ordinarily Catalan should not be a real danger but they are wierdly inconsistent and may come good v whomever.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:
mickw wrote:Looks like we'll have a tougher semi than final, hope saints make it to the final against us because this saints team really is poor,l can see us taking them to the cleaner's.
I agree.

Ordinarily Catalan should not be a real danger but they are wierdly inconsistent and may come good v whomever.
If we play like we did against Hudds, Catalans wont come within 15 points of our scoreline.
We just need to maintain that intensity, keeping the errors down and don't give away penalties.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
I agree.

If we play like we did against Hudds, Catalans wont come within 15 points of our scoreline.
We just need to maintain that intensity, keeping the errors down and don't give away penalties.
I agree PM but IMO Saints, Cas and Hudds are the weakest teams left because of their predictability. Cats and Wire are unpredictable and have amazing purple patches.
Panchitta Marra

cpwigan wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote: I agree.

I agree PM but IMO Saints, Cas and Hudds are the weakest teams left because of their predictability. Cats and Wire are unpredictable and have amazing purple patches.
The Wire unknown is the worry for me too.
With a full squad on their best form they can be a match for anyone.
Dog man is a massive threat, especially in the air, and one all of our wingers will struggle with.
We now know how to beat them unlike a couple of seasons ago where we struggled, but we do seem to win the important matches like the 2011 CC semi and last years Grand Final.
I think our outcome is in our hands, if we get it right no one can match us. That needs a massive go forward and dominance from the pack with no silly penalties and errors.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wire are running a superb 2nd man play that got them tries v ourselves and Widnes. I do think as you say the key is to play Wire in their own half and limit the impact of their purple patch. Wire never play for the 80 but if you do not dig in when they are red hot the game can be over.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Not worried about anyone.

The only thing that can stop Wigan winning the GF is Wigan under-performing. We play at least 80% of our capability we'll beat any other team by 15 points.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Panchitta Marra

cpwigan wrote:Wire are running a superb 2nd man play that got them tries v ourselves and Widnes. I do think as you say the key is to play Wire in their own half and limit the impact of their purple patch. Wire never play for the 80 but if you do not dig in when they are red hot the game can be over.
Wire come up very fast in defence too. I've often said that a quick chip over the top like Sam T used to do could catch them out or at least make them hold the line back a little.
Last season I noticed a big purple patch in their first 20 minutes then it backed off. Another 15 minute pressure period followed at the start of the second half then they struggled against decent sides. Funnily enough the Grand Final near enough followed that trend.