Kevin brown

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
mikey

Kevin brown

Post by mikey »

Signing for Wigan after grand final
jobo

Re: Kevin brown

Post by jobo »

Hope it's true. Class act.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

mikey wrote:Signing for Wigan after grand final
Noooooooooo, please be joking.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Thought we had said no more signings and this rumour comes around every off season!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Awful, simply awful :angry:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Brown isnt needed at Wigan, we have our halves in Smith, Williams, Hampshire and Powell.
The latter 3 all need match time to strengthen their game.
Burns is far better than Brown.
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:Awful, simply awful :angry:
Based on?

Some qualification is needed for such a subjective opinion.

Here's my pennys worth. He was chucked in at the deep end when he was too young, whilst with us. Coaching staff at the time were quite happy for him to take the flak for their short comings. For a few seasons his confidence was shot but he's now old enough and mature enough to see through both the politics and the criticism.

A very talented RL player IMO and one that would be an asset, should the rumour be true.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jobo wrote:
medlocke wrote:Awful, simply awful :angry:
Based on?

Some qualification is needed for such a subjective opinion.

Here's my pennys worth. He was chucked in at the deep end when he was too young, whilst with us. Coaching staff at the time were quite happy for him to take the flak for their short comings. For a few seasons his confidence was shot but he's now old enough and mature enough to see through both the politics and the criticism.

A very talented RL player IMO and one that would be an asset, should the rumour be true.
much like Danny Orr, he looks good at a mediocre club, big fish small pond syndrome, he would not be the same here imo, leave it be and don't send the club back 9 years
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm with Meds. How many players have made successful comebacks after such a long absence?

I'd stick with our young talent. Keep signing old heads and we risk losing them. And we all know what can happen then!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Seems much like the signing of Travis Burns another rumour. Just that a rumour. Much as I enjoy seeing an ex Wigan player having a good day at the office example first half against wire in the play offs.Other than that he's simply not Wigan standard. Looks good in a smaller set up.