Sam Tomkins - Wigan TV Exclusive

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Sam Tomkins - Wigan TV Exclusive

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan TV caught up with former player and fans favourite Sam Tomkins earlier this week for an exclusive interview.

In his first TV interview since returning to the UK, Sam discusses his debut season in the NRL whilst also giving his thoughts on Brother Joel returning "back home where he should be" as well as discussing the England Captaincy and the upcoming Four Nations tournament.

Click here to watch the interview on Wigan TV.

Wigan TV is Wigan Warriors' on demand online video service that brings you all the latest action, match highlights and interviews from behind-the-scenes, all in HD on a top-class, easy-to- use website. Wigan TV is available on subscription for just £4.99 a month, £9.99 for three months or £35 for a year.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... QFeFF3i.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Sam Tomkins - Wigan TV Exclusive

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont have wigan tv so if anyone who does could summise what he says.

ill take a stab its something along the lines of blah blah blah.....good season, took a while to fit in boys have been great....blah blah blah.....good to see joel back here...blah blah blah.....i still love the club.....blah blah blah......the are lots of potential candidates for england captain honoured to be mentioned but taking nothing for granted.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I dont have wigan tv so if anyone who does could summise what he says.

ill take a stab its something along the lines of blah blah blah.....good season, took a while to fit in boys have been great....blah blah blah.....good to see joel back here...blah blah blah.....i still love the club.....blah blah blah......the are lots of potential candidates for england captain honoured to be mentioned but taking nothing for granted.
Are you Sam Tomkins in disguise ? Because if not that was a pretty good stab at what he would say. :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nothing new. Tad concerned that he seems to be using Wigan RLFC staff (Bitcon) and the Orrell facilities to keep fit for the 4Ns whilst our players are trying to prepare for the biggest part of our season.

Sam was great for us but he is the past and we need to be concerned by here and now and the future.It is an uneeded distraction IMO.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

hmm depends...he may have brought back new ideas for Bitcon et al. It may give some of our players a bit of extra impetus proving we go on and don't need you mate. Could be a fresh dynamic in training. Change is as good as a rest, maybe.
If wigan are not getting anything out of him training with our guys or he is a distraction then I'm with you
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Whilst he's looking after himself, he will no doubt be passing on some ideas, he's that kind of lad. And lets face it there's only 1 UK club he wants to see win the comp, so why try hinder it. If he was disrupting preparation would the coaching staff of WWRLFC not have something to say.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sam is not trying to hinder anything but on the clips Bitcon is doing 1 to 1 training with Sam whilst our players are training. He is not passing anything on, nor would it be of any benefit at this stage in the season.

Sam is looking after Sam keeping himself fit for the 4N and sadly is never one to shun the limelight which IMO is not healthy and distracting particularly when he wants the run of the place with our players yards away.

The remaining weeks are about the SL GF and Wigan winning it. Sam IMO should respect that and keep a low profile not court publicity. Irrespective of how many people want a piece, how hard is it to say no not at this time. Hell, far better players than Sam managed it; Ellery went most of his career without courting publicity nor does he come back to Wigan promoting himself, likewise Shaun Edwards would never have done this, likewise Andy Faz would not have done this. Does Billy B look to catch the cameras at our matches or give X amount of interviews.

Sam was a great player for us in his time. He left, his time has gone. Now is about Wigan 2014. He is welcome to come back when all out past players do.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Sam has kept in constant contact with the club throughout his first season with NZW, he's thinks of this place as home which is a good thing.
For me i'm happy he's doing this and when he returns he'll be even better for us, as for respect Sam has nothing but respect for this club
jobo

Post by jobo »

"I'll never say never. I'll always be a Wigan fan even if I'm not playing there. I love the people and the town."

Crickey, I'd give him access to whatever facilities we've got just for those words.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I dont have wigan tv so if anyone who does could summise what he says.

Surely you did not expect Sam or indeed any player to say anything different?