Next weeks attendance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Next weeks attendance

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Any guesses? 13,111 is our lowest league attendance against Bradford (televised). I can't decide whether people will turn up or not...

Go on then...13,500
Widnes might fancy their chances so could bring a few more sensing an upset.

I hope our own support holds up. I shall certainly be making the trip as usual.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Perhaps not this week - but when the defeats get to double figures be prepared for attendances well below 10,000
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

mrs lam.the safety cert states that the ground holds 25000 i saw seats in the corners empty from top to bottom i can not be sure how many in each row 4 i think.so count the number of rows x 4 subtract them from 25000 and come up with 25004.[which school did you go to]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I was in the west stand for this one and Oldtimer is quite right - the North Stand was about 90% full with 2 strips virtually full length down both sides. There's no way 25,004 attended, but that doesn't mean 25,004 tickets weren't sold
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

See what I mean by this board. There's no need to speak to anyone with any tone of arrogance on here and I don't appreciate it. If we're going to get factual on figures then the official stadium website says there are only 24826 maximum capacity.
http://www.jjbstadium.co.uk/frameset.html
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
See what I mean by this board. There's no need to speak to anyone with any tone of arrogance on here and I don't appreciate it. If we're going to get factual on figures then the official stadium website says there are only 24826 maximum capacity.
http://www.jjbstadium.co.uk/frameset.html
Does this figure include the wheelchair helpers and all the corporate boxes? It's already been mentioned that the unreserved seating areas have to have empty sections, that would probably account for the empty bits on the sides of the North Stand that someone referred to. Also, I think the attedance includes total number of season tickets sold even if the season ticket holders don't go, although don't konw if that's true or not. There were some of us who were not able to go to the Saints game for genuine, nothing-to-do-with-not-supporting-the-team reasons.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

We had just over 10,000 for the Widnes game last season, and our crowds are up by abut 25%, so I'll guess around 12,000.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The safety certificate does not neccessarily reflect the number of seats in the ground - that's the figure you need to interpret the spaces we saw with a 25,004 attendence.

You would hope that the certificate may state the same capacity as there are seats, but with unreserved seating etc, this will not be the case.

PS, do they count the players - if so theres an extra 34 + coaches, watercarriers, physios etc. right there! :wink:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

there can be no reason for lying about how manny people actualy turned up as wigan will have to pay tax on the amount.it would have been in wigans intrests to say only 15000 on the ground then they would only pay tax on 15000 people.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
pedro

Post by pedro »

counts for the salary cap 50% can be used to recruit. Something like that