2015 world club challenge

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

2015 world club challenge

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

so its been decided its wigan, stains and warrington who are in the wcc for next year, but is there any point in expanding it to 6 teams as only the 2 grand final winners will actually contest for the trophy itself, what are peoples thoughts on this?.
Paul
Owd Codger

Re: 2015 world club challenge

Post by Owd Codger »

If they are to expand it, it should only be the two Grand Finalists from each country.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

I like the idea of 3 games, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. However it could be embarrassing if the 3 English teams all lost but on the flip side would give is a real boost if 2 or 3 of our teams won.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Win or lose it will be great for SL clubs. Any game where British players / clubs have to compete v the best in the sport is great for our game in the UK.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Heard Castleford & Huddersfield have turned it down!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

josie andrews wrote:Heard Castleford & Huddersfield have turned it down!
Wouldn't surprise me the clubs are paying all costs for their opponents to come over, think it was either £80k or £180k per club
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Funny, I understand that the third selection was between Huddersfield and Warrington and Warrington got it by progressing further than Huddersfield in the Play Off.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Funny, I understand that the third selection was between Huddersfield and Warrington and Warrington got it by progressing further than Huddersfield in the Play Off.
See this!
Huddersfield, who finished third at the end of the regular season, were undecided over their possible participation, with clubs having to lodge a £175,000 bond to secure their place.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/ru ... -1-6879034
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
See this!
Huddersfield, who finished third at the end of the regular season, were undecided over their possible participation, with clubs having to lodge a £175,000 bond to secure their place.

Sorry Josie, I bow to your superior knowledge but it was the 'heard' which made it sound like a rumour!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Funny, I understand that the third selection was between Huddersfield and Warrington and Warrington got it by progressing further than Huddersfield in the Play Off.
See this!

Sorry Josie, I bow to your superior knowledge but it was the 'heard' which made it sound like a rumour!
Don't be sarcastic! I was trying to help by pointing out another thread you possibly hadn't read!