We_need_a_coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: We_need_a_coach

Post by MrsLam »

What I'd like to know is if we do get another coach, are some people willing to go through yet another transition period. New coaches bring new tactics yea but after that's worn off, what if this is the wrong coach? What if we just stay as we are now, winning some losing some? Getting a new coach is only the start of something, we need the rest to follow. Betts has been there with these lads when they were coming through the youth team, he knows their style (unfortunatly so do the rest of superleague) but bringing in a new coach only means changing the way we play, no coach can win us games with our tactics at the moment. This means getting the team playing together again, getting rid of those who aren't willing to play to these rules and bringing in some who are. That's not all going to happen in one season so we're going to be waiting and waiting till this transition period is over. Tis looking like a very long one to me
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

What do you mean "no coach can win us games with our tactics at the moment"??????????

Where do you think the tactics come from?????????
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

The players have picked up bad habits not just from the more recent coaches. The style of play has stayed pretty much the same for the last 3 or 4 seasons. These tactics are not just going to change like that, if another coach steps in.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

MrsLam posted:
The players have picked up bad habits not just from the more recent coaches. The style of play has stayed pretty much the same for the last 3 or 4 seasons. These tactics are not just going to change like that, if another coach steps in.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Tell me you're not serious!!! How many players in the squad have been here regularly in the first team for 4 years?
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

jinkin jimmy posted:
MrsLam posted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Tell me you're not serious!!! How many players in the squad have been here regularly in the first team for 4 years?
:conf: And I'm accussed of not knowing the facts, beggars belief, does'nt it !!!!!!

:wink:
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

jinkin jimmy posted:
MrsLam posted:
radlinski,newton,dallas,carney,tickle
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

So all our bad habits like losing are all our best players fault - sounds good to me. :eh:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

warrior till i die posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
MrsLam posted:
radlinski,newton,dallas,carney,tickle
Tickle 2002, Carney 2001 but hardly a regular. Anyway, as Dove over dave says, nice to know where the blame lies!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

So what would you like to blame it on? Hm let me guess...Dennis Betts by any chance?

Nice to know all the blame lies on a stand in coach that is working his ****** ar** off for our team. Our best players? I thought Dallas was losing it, and Tickle was crap and Carney was always injured?
Hm...why don't you re read your previous posts before taking the **** out of someone else?

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
So what would you like to blame it on? Hm let me guess...Dennis Betts by any chance?

Nice to know all the blame lies on a stand in coach that is working his ****** ar** off for our team. Our best players? I thought Dallas was losing it, and Tickle was crap and Carney was always injured?
Hm...why don't you re read your previous posts before taking the **** out of someone else?
Take a step back from the computer MrsLam, and breathe 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10, feel any better? :D