DISGRACEFUL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

DISGRACEFUL

Post by Wigan Watcher »

What a disgraceful referee decision.

lance Hohaia leads with the forearm jumping into Flowers face and didn't get sent off.. Flowers retaliates and punches back and rightly gets sent off...

What should have been a great game where Wigan would have domineered even more of the game than they did.

All the refs on and off the field and they get what ended up the biggest call of the night completely wrong

A DISGRACE

TrueBlueWarrior

Re: DISGRACEFUL

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan Watcher wrote:What a disgraceful referee decision.

lance Hohaia leads with the forearm jumping into Flowers face and didn't get sent off.. Flowers retaliates and punches back and rightly gets sent off...

What should have been a great game where Wigan would have domineered even more of the game than they did.

All the refs on and off the field and they get what ended up the biggest call of the night completely wrong

A DISGRACE
I totally agree, Flower was rightly sent off but without doubt so should Hohaia, looks like the RFL got what they wanted. What amazes me most is what Hohaia did has just been glossed over. In any other game that's a red card no doubt!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:What a disgraceful

A DISGRACE

I totally agree, Flower was rightly sent off but without doubt so should Hohaia, looks like the RFL got what they wanted. What amazes me most is what Hohaia did has just been glossed over. In any other game that's a red card no doubt!!

Imagine if he'd done it against one of their precious Rhinos, would have gone right away
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Scarsbrook should be banned for bringing the game into disrepute, what an idiot, downgraded our game.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

The wife put it into words even I could not correct her for. Men have been sent to prison for less than what Flower did. I am in no way defending Hohaia because he's nothing but a shit house anyway. But I cannot condone the second punch from flower. St Helens did not win the Grand final it was handed to them by flower. Bentham was defended by a couple of posters when I said he was bentman. Now would the same posters come back on and tell me you think that game was reffed by a man of integrity. Because if you believe it was then you understand nothing about our game.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

KOOCH wrote:The wife put it into words even I could not correct her for. Men have been sent to prison for less than what Flower did. I am in no way defending Hohaia because he's nothing but a shit house anyway. But I cannot condone the second punch from flower. St Helens did not win the Grand final it was handed to them by flower. Bentham was defended by a couple of posters when I said he was bentman. Now would the same posters come back on and tell me you think that game was reffed by a man of integrity. Because if you believe it was then you understand nothing about our game.
Have you ever been a fight :roll: SHIT happens when somebody assaults you. Hohaia got what he deserved back albeit from the player not the match officials.

I honestly wished he had broken Flowers jaw with those elbows and what would you all have said then. Exactly. Hohaia assaulted an opponent off the ball, said player retalihated.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
KOOCH wrote:The wife put it into words even I could not correct her for. Men have been sent to prison for less than what Flower did. I am in no way defending Hohaia because he's nothing but a shit house anyway. But I cannot condone the second punch from flower. St Helens did not win the Grand final it was handed to them by flower. Bentham was defended by a couple of posters when I said he was bentman. Now would the same posters come back on and tell me you think that game was reffed by a man of integrity. Because if you believe it was then you understand nothing about our game.
Have you ever been a fight :roll: SHIT happens when somebody assaults you. Hohaia got what he deserved back albeit from the player not the match officials.

I honestly wished he had broken Flowers jaw with those elbows and what would you all have said then. Exactly. Hohaia assaulted an opponent off the ball, said player retalihated.
I agree CP, but the 2nd punch was to far!! Having said that Hohaia's initial attack was too far!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

flower lost us the match today.What he did was the act of a coward.As soon as Flower threw and connected with the first punch Ohiah was out cold no way could he defend himself.We never recovered our shape or game plan.
Stains were poor the game was lost in the second minute.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unfortunately poop happens when adrenalin kicks in.

Yes you do not want the second punch but if you assault players off the ball with the potential to inflict a facial injury then sadly that is what happens. It is easy to say you should not BUT when you are assaulted you behave similarly to your assailant.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:

Many years working Blackpool doors cpw. Still do not excuse the Second shot. First one yes not the second. As a doorman for many years I never for one moment put a shot in on a person when the job was already done. You excuse Flower if you like but don't expect me to do the same. At no time would I excuse Hohaia because he's always been a nasty little player. But this is what I meant by bentman.