BOWEN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

BOWEN

Post by Wigan Watcher »

BOWEN I just shake my head.

Wigan_forever1985

Re: BOWEN

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Was poor first third of the year hit a purple patch in the second third and the went poor again

he has been poor the entire playoffs IMO
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

I would hate to lose a promising youngster like Hampshire or Tierney because they're path is blocked by a player who is well past his best.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

The Eclipse wrote:I would hate to lose a promising youngster like Hampshire or Tierney because they're path is blocked by a player who is well past his best.
Me too. Bowen has scored a couple of breathtaking tries this season but he's no Sam, who used to scare the opposition every game!
menpond

Post by menpond »

Err why has he got the second year?That money should be in the forwards.Thats the problem with playing so little pressure rugby,you dont know who is up to scratch .
mp
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

menpond wrote:Err why has he got the second year?That money should be in the forwards.Thats the problem with playing so little pressure rugby,you dont know who is up to scratch .
To be honest he hasn't performed since he got that second year.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bowen has produced moments of magic let us not forget that, playing in a system that does not maximise his talents. Yes, he is at the end of his career and presumably he would be interachanged (game to game)with his successor. Nevertheless we badly needed some experience.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Well in the money matches this year Bowen has not looked remotely threatening. And Ray Ashby he isnt.Our own both born and raised and imported kids will do ,as long as we have the right forwards.Well peed off after today.
mp
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

menpond wrote:Well in the money matches this year Bowen has not looked remotely threatening. And Ray Ashby he isnt.Our own both born and raised and imported kids will do ,as long as we have the right forwards.Well peed off after today.
forgive me but I agree with menpond.

every big game he has been found wanting, pass to charnley maybe we win
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Was poor first third of the year hit a purple patch in the second third and the went poor again

he has been poor the entire playoffs IMO
The Eclipse wrote:I would hate to lose a promising youngster like Hampshire or Tierney because they're path is blocked by a player who is well past his best.
Totally agree.