Kicker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Kicker

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Has to be looked at again, smith been given a full season now and shown no signs of getting better than the standard of a back up kicker. Need a 85% + kicker
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Kicker

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Has to be looked at again, smith been given a full season now and shown no signs of getting better than the standard of a back up kicker. Need a 85% + kicker
We shouldn't have gone for 2 at 8-6 down, should have gone for a try!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

True but that should of been an easy 2 plus he didn't even get it dead
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:True but that should of been an easy 2 plus he didn't even get it dead
I am agreeing with you, I knew he was gonna miss and that is one of the reasons we should have gone for a try which probably would have won us the game!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

It's alright saying we should have done this and that, the game was lost early doors with a brain fart. The lads did well with one man down and I would have expected us to put 30 up Saints with a full team!!
The fact that they had a winning margin of only 8 points shows their inadequacies.
I suspect they will be a better outfit next year if they get their half backs playing and boxhead back.
We need to mither about our own inadequacies though, as has been mentioned on other posts.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Wandering Warrior wrote:It's alright saying we should have done this and that, the game was lost early doors with a brain fart. The lads did well with one man down and I would have expected us to put 30 up Saints with a full team!!
The fact that they had a winning margin of only 8 points shows their inadequacies.
I suspect they will be a better outfit next year if they get their half backs playing and boxhead back.
We need to mither about our own inadequacies though, as has been mentioned on other posts.
You are right it was a massive brain fart from Bentham not sending Hohaia off!!
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Has to be looked at again, smith been given a full season now and shown no signs of getting better than the standard of a back up kicker. Need a 85% + kicker
He's a good scrum half, but his kicking is not up to it. We need a competent kicker. Totally agree with TBW should not have gone for the two points when we where 10 m out with 6 tackles. At that point it's a no brainer, you go for the try and make Stains chase the game, not the other way around.
TrueBlueWarrior

captinjack wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
He's a good scrum half, but his kicking is not up to it. We need a competent kicker. Totally agree with TBW should not have gone for the two points when we where 10 m out with 6 tackles. At that point it's a no brainer, you go for the try and make Stains chase the game, not the other way around.
Exactly, for me and I know this sounds silly but getting to 8-8 was of no real benefit, we needed to get ahead, mentally and not just on the scoreboard!!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Obviously, the Flower incident was what cost us the match. But the missed penalty seemed to be the point at which our resilience and fight went. Before the kick I said to my brother that he might well miss, but he must kick it dead so we get the ball back.

If, if, if...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Unfortunately he's not a pressure kicker look at the Hull KR game we'd have won the league not his fault but we need an alternative