Abuse at grand final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
chubbybigcat

Abuse at grand final

Post by chubbybigcat »

Just wondered how many supporters suffered the abuse from stains supporters we did in block n401- appalling behaviour, sixty minutes of verbal abuse and food thrown from behind us -one drunken tool in the face of a seventy year old-shameful and tainted the whole experience-stewards not effective-and made even worse on the way out as some scumbag spat on the woman in front of us-tempers at breaking point then an surprised no violence -my seven year old niece with us -not likely to go again -supposed to be family friendly
BriH

Re: Abuse at grand final

Post by BriH »

Disgraceful.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sadly such an appalling experience is becoming all too often the norm at RL and in society
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Sadly happening all too often nowadays.

Loutish behaviour of a minority has now crept into rugby league.

Apparently there was fighting in the upper tier of the East stand, although I didn't see the incident myself.

Earlier in the season I was hit on the head by an object thrown from the back of the South stand at a home game.

Must admit the kind of behaviour which has crept into the sport is making me seriously consider whether to renew my season ticket as it does ruin the enjoyment.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

A die hard wigan warriors fan, her husband is a st Helens fan. Went to grand final at old Trafford last night. After the match she waited for her husband and was attacked by saints fans right outside the ground!!!! Grown men old enough to know better kicking the shit out of a woman on her own. You are f***ing scum! She was scared for her safety so left the ground and got lost, phone battery died couldn't ring her hubby to get help. Ended up near hope hospital where 2 security guards looked after her, charged her phone so she could get hold of husband to find her. It could have been so much worse, they were going to throw her in canal. Watch your backs you "hard men" there's cctv all around ground. Police will be informed today
This is on FB. Edited the language

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

On the way out, I had my Wigan Flag wrapped round my shoulders.
A guy walked up & started to pull my flag saying 'WTF is this, f***ing Wigan second placed losers You're f***ing scum, all the time pulling my flag.

I told him to go & stuff himself, He continued to make fun of me so I said, 'Not much of a victory when you only beat a team of 12 men by 8 points! Any other team would have smashed 30 on us at least'.

He then said 'I don't support either, I'm from Leigh'!!

'Enough said lobby gobbler' was my reply
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

A lad 2 rows in front of me was 'removed' early doors for refusing to sit down which I thought was a bit of an overreaction. My mate who I was sat next to all match came around earlier and said there was fighting amongst Cas fans right behind us but neither of us noticed owt at the time.
Even as we were stood on the street waiting for our coach, worst we got from Saints fans were smirks and smug remarks to which they were fully entitled.
I'm sure the 'incidents' were in a small minority and entirely down to people who can't handle the ale!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We have got fans just as bad. One Wigan fan (a woman) threw a dink over other Wigan fans and then spat in a guys face! Fighting broke out between two Wiganers. The stewards did naff all!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

At big matches you will find a element including some from football, which you do not get at most of the games in the season.

Many who only go to drink and cause trouble.

Sad, but true!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

We go to the Grand Final every year (since 2003) and every year the behaviour of SOME "fans" gets worse . Six o'clock kick off gives the knuckle dragger brigade plenty time to fuel up .Leeds v Wire a couple of years ago was horrendous . That bad now we don't wear our Wigan gear at the GF and CC final if Wigan are not playing .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked