Re: Did Saints actually win the Grand Final?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I will stick by any player that gives 110% when they wear Cherry and White even if they make a monumental error like Ben did yesterday. He wears his heart on his sleeve and always tries his best. I find it more difficult to support a player that doesn't seem to care about wearing the Cherry and White, that I find hard to swallow.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

wildbeast wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The crazy part is that even at 12 v 14 I was thinking we can still win this and I believe we actually should have. We bombed a few tries albeit I guess Saints probably did too.
They were there for the taking on our right -why didn't Bowen just ship it out wide?
Now that I agree with!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We need to use 2014 to create a siege mentality, Wigan RLFC v the rest of RL. Truth be told it has always been so. Focus on the right enemy and lets make the DW a place of hell for the RFL and opposing teams.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

wildbeast wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
God wrote:Forever in our shadow despite Saints victory last night, not one single media outlet is mentioning the fact they have won a 5th title at great length.

"The Ben Flower final" thats what it will be remembered for, there achievements well and truly overshadowed, rightly or wrongly. Nobody is interested in the outcome outside Saints, even Saints themselves talking at great length over the incident. Multiple threads and reaction, who won the Grand Final again?.

We need to stick by Ben who will be in a very dark place right now, behind closed doors he will be backed by players and coaches and rightly so IMO we all make mistakes, his was to react to an elbow to the face. I personally would have taken the elbow and made a meal of it, but that isn't Flower red mist really took hold.

Despite what others think, this will galvanise the team and the supporters in the long run.

Forever the Wigan 16.
As usual God a very apt post, however some on here are gunning for Flower which in my opinion is very sad!!
Lets get some perspective-were we not all gunning for Westwood last year
Funny you should mention this WB, but someone actually posted a pic of Blake and one of L H on facebook yesterday. the comment was (and we all saw both incidents)did Ben really hit L H has hard as made out with the 2nd punch, because when you see the outcome of it and the shot he hit him with, there is hardly a mark on him compared to Blakes.
Paul