GM Police

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

GM Police

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/106 ... r-punching
The incident hasn't escaped the notice of police.

"We will be liaising with the Rugby Football League, The St Helens Club, and the Crown Prosecution Service before a decision is made on what course of action is to be taken," a spokesman for Greater Manchester Police told the BBC.
Obviously the police have too much time on their hands :roll:
Wigan_forever1985

Re: GM Police

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I saw Mike Rush said they will wait and see what the RFL dish out before deciding whether to pursue it further
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I saw Mike Rush said they will wait and see what the RFL dish out before deciding whether to pursue it further
You can't beat a bit of petrol on the fire, can you?
I'd be thankful that he won them the match!!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

It puts a lot of pressure on the RFL that's for sure which is why I can see a 10 match ban
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Just been on 10.00 news that GM Police are investigating and awaiting public complaints.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Well that is just inviting any Wigan haters out there to make a complaint.

I am sure some numpty from St Helens, Warrington, Leeds or Hull will oblige :angry:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well Duncan Ferguson, former Everton soccer player, spent three months in prison for an on-field assault on another player.

So there is a precedent for the police getting involved.

I hope it doesn't come to that but these days it might with the "public interest" angle.

If any fan makes a complaint they will just be being vindictive in my opinion. If Saints do, than that would be a huge mistake and would sour the relationships between the clubs for decades.

Wigan_forever1985

DaveO wrote:Well Duncan Ferguson, former Everton soccer player, spent three months in prison for an on-field assault on another player.

I hope it doesn't come to that but these days it might with the "public interest" angle.

If any fan makes a complaint they will just be being vindictive in my opinion. If Saints do, than that would be a huge mistake and would sour the relationships between the clubs for decades.
Saints have put a lot of pressure on the RFL saying basically if they dont get wha they want (a mega ban) from them they will start legal proceedings.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
DaveO wrote:Well Duncan Ferguson, former Everton soccer player, spent three months in prison for an on-field assault on another player.

Saints have put a lot of pressure on the RFL saying basically if they dont get wha they want (a mega ban) from them they will start legal proceedings.
Can't see what the motivation for this is. The talk before the game about "hatred" was IMO badly misjudged but derby's in the past have been the most competitive and most crucial to the fans WITHOUT what hatred leads to, which is basically violence.

If Saints want to sour the relationships between the two clubs, then legal proceedings is the way to do it.

The RFL should also make it quite clear they won't be bullied as well though I have little faith in that.

Wigan_forever1985

its no suprise that the one soundinoff about legal action is mike rush, no one hates wigan more