BEST PLAYER SO FAR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: BEST PLAYER SO FAR

Post by Doveoverdave »

Tickle a good player Joynt average.

Do we watch the same games. Joynt at his best was outstanding and really was a local who slipped the net.

We could do with some "Joynt style" average players right now.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
Do we watch the same games. Joynt at his best was outstanding and really was a local who slipped the net.
Possibly not, I must have missed that day when he was at his best.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. To me he was a slow, head-down 2nd row who could gain a few yards and generally slow the game down with his lying-on tackling technique. Useful to a team but not exactly a gamestar and not enjoyable to watch (either for Skints or GB). But, a very useful captain and worth his place for that more than his rugby skills.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
But if he did play for us you'ld agree with...
Fraggle posted:

a slow, head-down 2nd row who could gain a few yards and generally slow the game down with his lying-on tackling technique. Useful to a team but not exactly a gamestar and not enjoyable to watch (either for Skints or GB).
Lots of outstanding players around, just that none of them are at Wigan?